Looking for the May Cougar Cafe Menu? Click here!
Teacher Appreciation Week is next week! This year we are again offering a breakfast and a pizza luncheon. If you would like to help out with set up and clean up on either days, offer monetary donations for the pizza luncheon, or provide food, please contact Leslie Proteau at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need the following for the breakfast on Monday May 7th (7ish AM)- muffins, bagels/cream cheese, egg dishes, juices, coffee, creamers, milk, cereal, paper products, bacon/sausage dishes, granola, and fruit. On Thursday we'll need help with salads, drinks and desserts- 11:30ish. Paper products are also needed. Also, if your child wants to make a poster or card that we could help decorate the table with that would be great. They can drop them to Em in the CBMS office. Please consider helping us out with something during this week to show your appreciation for all that the school does for your child. Thank you!
Last Call for Boys & Horses Leadership After School series, beginning in one week, Wednesday, May 9. We have 2 spaces still available! See the E-Community Bulletin Board for more information.
GREEN UP DAY IS SATURDAY MAY 5- Waterbury Green Up could use some middle-school helpers at the downtown dropoff from 10-2 especially. People should call or email me if they want to volunteer. email@example.com / 244-1444.
· GET BAGS: at the Town Offices located in the Village Fire Station & at Sunflower Natural Foods on Rt. 100
· DROP OFF BAGS: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. at the Town Highway Garage, Guptil Road;
AND behind St. Leo’s Hall, 109 S. Main Street.
· PLEASE! NO household waste, hazardous waste, propane tanks or electronics.
· SCRAP METAL: Bring to St. Leo’s Hall/downtown site
· RETURNABLE 5-cent bottles and cans: If possible, please bag separate from trash.
- Contact: Lisa Scagliotti, Green Up coordinator, 244-1444, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bags at the town offices
- Contact coordinator Audrey Quackenbush to tell her where you plan to clean up. Volunteers in Duxbury leave bags and items roadside. She notifies the town road crew to pick them up. 244-7512 or email@example.com
- Wear gloves and boots.
- Green Up with young kids on side streets, around parks, schools.
- Green Up with friends, neighbors or co-workers.
- If you find something that's too large to move, tell volunteers at the Waterbury drop-off locations. In Duxbury, notify Audrey.
- This year especially if you are working in the flood zone, be on the lookout for objects that could belong to a flooded household. If you find something that you would want returned if it belonged to you (like photos or a nice china cup), please retrieve it and bring it to St. Leo's Hall where the ReBuild Waterbury folks will collect and advertise such finds. If it is too large to move, snap a photo and tell volunteers at the drop-off about it.