PTO JOE CORBI PIZZA FUNDRAISER going on now! Orders can also be placed online. Full details can be found by clicking here.
CBMS PICTURE DAY is Friday, October 5th. Forms will be coming home soon via the backpack express.
NECAP Testing will happen on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, Oct. 9, 10, 11, and Oct.16, 17, and 18. Please try to avoid scheduling appointments during this time so students can take all parts of these assessments when their peers are taking it.
Bus Note The 4:30 PM bus only stops at major stops along the route from CBMS to Waterbury Center.
Timing is everything! School opens at 7:30 and the 1st bell rings at 7:45 when the students report to advisory groups. After 7:50 AM, students are officially tardy. Every minute at school counts, so please encourage your child to be on time!
SES Tutoring - For students who are free/reduced lunch, supplemental educational tutoring is available. Please send in the green forms that came home in the 1st day packet, and there are also links on the home page. Please send them in no later than Sept. 28. You will be contacted by the tutor after Oct. 15 with news.
Revised October Dance Date- Oct 19th (originally advertised as Oct 26th). Note- Middle School Dances at both CBMS and HUMS are normally 7-9PM. The dance this Friday at the Ice Center is the exception (8-9:30PM). 7th and 8th grade parents- please note the following from Harwood Principal Lisa Atwood: Our first middle school dance for both Harwood Union and Crossett Brook 7th and 8th graders will be held Friday, September 21 at the Waterbury Ice Center. Here is some information I hope will be helpful in understanding our expectations about MS dances and this dance at the Ice Center.
- There will be two teachers and 1 administrator chaperoning this dance. Typical for all Harwood Union MS dances. The ice center staff will also be on hand to assist.
- Once inside , the students can not leave the ice center or parents are called to come pick them up. They will have access to the ice, the concession stand, the bathrooms and one locker room to store their things. The locker room door is kept open and checked regularly by chaperones and ice center staff.
- We also have a police officer or sheriff on duty outside as this is a public place and off campus from Harwood.
- This dance is at a slightly later time than most middle school dances. This dance will be from 7:45 to 9:30. Students can get on the ice at 8:00.
- Usually dances for MS students are from 7-9. The ice center is not available until 8:00 to skate.
- We ask that parents pick up students promptly at 9:30.
- I stay at the ice center until ALL students are picked up.
- Cost is $5.00 admission and if a student needs to rent skates it will cost an additional $2.00 dollars.
- The concession stand will also be open.
Interested in piano lessons for your child? Check the E-Community Bulletin Board for more information.