7th and 8th Grade French Elective- The end of trimester 1 presents an opportunity for your 7th or 8th grader to drop French if desired. These years are excellent ages for students to begin to "own" their own education, and engaging in a decision such as this presents a good opportunity in this area. Please contact Jennie Hempey (firstname.lastname@example.org) if a change in schedule is desired.
School Board meeting this Tuesday, beginning at 6PM in the CBMS Library. Check the School Board website for agenda and related documents.
Picture re-take day is this Friday! Some notes on this:
- Anyone can be photographed on Photo Re-Take Day.
- If you ordered, but don’t like what you received, you must return your picture packet so that the barcode can be used again.
- If you didn't like the first picture, or you were absent on the first day, and would like to get your photo taken, you will just need to fill out a new order form - available at the CBMS office.
- LifeTouch can still take orders for the original picture day for up to a year, but there is a $7.50 shipping and handling charge. The Website is: www.mylifetouch.com, and you will use the information from picture day...ID Number and Access code will be needed.
- If anyone has any issues LifeTouch is happy to help solve them. The LifeTouch office can be reached at 229-0299, and you should ask for Leslie or Rebecca.
An interesting article- How Not to Talk to Your Kids (The Inverse Power of Praise)- http://nymag.com/news/features/27840/
The Washington West SU Seminar on school transformation that was cancelled on Oct 29th due to the storm has been RESCHEDULED for JANUARY 3RD, 2013 AT 6 P.M. in the Harwood Union Library.
The next Waterbury Public Library Teen Advisory Group Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 13 from 3:30 - 5 PM. If you are a student age 12 to 17 who would like to help the library choose new young adult books and plan programs and activities for teens, then come to the next Teen Advisory Group meeting and brainstorm some new ideas to make the library more teen friendly. Participation in the group can count towards required community service, or "Change the World" projects, and will look great on a college resume! Snacks provided. Contact Michelle@
News from the CBMS PTO
- FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT - Thursday, Nov. 15th, the CBMS will be hosting a movie called "Speak Out for Understanding" that was created by HUHS students. Students who created the movie will be here to answer questions and comment on the film process. This film focuses on acceptance and tolerance, and has an inspiring message for students and adults. Please join the PTO for the movie and starting at 6:30 PM. Childcare will be provided.
- WREATH & POINSETTIA SALE - The PTO Wreath and Poinsettia Sale is now going on. All wreaths are $22. Order forms were sent out last week. Evergreen Gardens has changed the pickup days to Nov. 30, Dec., 1, and 2. NOTE: PLEASE made sure the money collected for the wreaths is $22. Click on the link to see the NEW order forms and letter. Thank you for your support!