Looking for Activities for your child for February Break? Check out the E-Community Bulletin Board
Still time to sign-up for the Upcoming PTO-Sponsored Clubs:
- Woodworking - Open to grades 5 & 6, Starts March 21, 2:30-4 PM. Click here for details.
- Cooking Cougars - Open to grades 5-8, Starts March 12, 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Click here for details.
8th Grade Parents - A few details for you regarding your 8th grader's registration for 9th grade classes at HUHS, and transition to Harwood for this coming fall.
- Registration begins the week of April 1st.
- Parent Information Night (for parents of incoming 9th graders) will take place in the Harwood Auditorium on March 27, 2013 at 6:30 pm.
- A more detailed letter will be coming after February break outlining the steps that 8th graders and families should be aware of, related to registration and transition from CBMS to HUHS.
If you have any questions please contact Mollie Falk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 244-6100 x235
Harwood Youth Hockey Bantam Players will be holding a spaghetti dinner fundraiser on Friday March 1, 2013 at St. Leo's Hall, South Main Street, Waterbury, with servings at 5:30 and 6:30. Take out meals are available. The cost is $8 for adults, $5 for children up to age 12, and $20 for a family of 4. The team will be putting the funds towards attending the Skip Brush Hockey Tournament in March. The Bantam players from Waterbury-Duxbury are: Connor Beck, Justin Cantwell, Connor Cameron, Ryan Garrand, Parker Merchant, Joey Raymond, Cole Rutledge, Cole Spaulding, Dean Touchette, Sam Towne, Clayton Wells, Eriks Ziedins.
Race To Nowhere movie screening at CBMS on Thursday, March 14th from 6-7:30PM- click here for more details, and click here to see the movie trailer.
Reminder to Gr. 8 parents - NAEP TESTING - Wed., March 6 (1st day back from break) 8 - 9:30 AM. Please be prompt in your arrival to school this day, as this is important testing. For more information about why this test is important, please see www.naep.org
For your calendars: (full CBMS calendar can be found by clicking here)
- Feb 22- Prodigy and Titan to "Chasing Ice" (8-10AM)
- Feb 22 - End of Trimester 2, Winter Carnival
- February Break- No school Feb 25-March 5...school resumes on Wednesday, March 6
- March 3- WDSD Annual School Meeting - 6PM - TBPS Library
- March 6 -NAEP Testing (grade 8 only- 8-9:30)
- March 8- Grades 7/8 Dance @ HUMS (note change in date)
- March 13- Early Release Day - noon dismissal
- March 13 - 8AM- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly- gym (note change in date)
- March 13- 8:30-10:30AM - Pawsitivity Celebration
- March 13- 10:45-11:45- Grade 8 vs Staff Basketball Game
- March 13- 6:30PM- PTO Meeting
- March 14- 6-7:30- Race To Nowhere - CBMS cafetorium
- March 20, 21 - Parent Conferences (3-8PM)
- Info on sign-ups will be coming out in early March
- PTO will be serving dinner on the March 20th evening
- March 22-April 17- PTO Plant Sale
- April 5- Grades 5/6 Fun Night