8th Grade Parents- A reminder to sign up for a conference with the HUHS guidance department, using this link....password is "cbms"- https://www.
Crossett Brook and Thatcher Brook Students head to the Vermont Odyssey of the Mind Tournament this Saturday - The Vermont Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament will be held Saturday at Champlain Valley Union High School in Hinesburg starting at 8:30 a.m. This event is free and open to the public. Students and parents are invited to go check it out to cheer on classmates from Waterbury-Duxbury schools. Crossett Brook will have three teams competing and Thatcher Brook has one. Spectators are allowed to watch the “long-term” presentations that are held throughout the school. The tournament schedule is posted along with lots of other information about OM at http://vt.odysseyofthemind.
org/. This is a great opportunity to see what Odyssey of the Mind looks like especially if you think you might like to give it a try next year. Room numbers for specific team competitions are posted in the entryway at CVU. Spectators should note that teams are listed by school and they are asked to be ready to begin 15 min. before their scheduled time in case there is a last-minute change.
The WWSU Transformation meeting scheduled for Monday, March 25th, has been rescheduled until Wednesday, April 3rd at 6:00 p.m. in the Harwood Library. The WWSU Full Board Meeting also scheduled for March 25th at 6:00 will still take place. The Transformation Meeting was scheduled in consultation with the WWSU Executive Committee several months ago, and the date was selected as it did not conflict with the many other regularly scheduled board meetings. It was an oversight on our part to schedule it on the first night of Passover, and we offer our sincere apologies.
News from the CBMS PTO
News from the CBMS PTO
- CBMS PTO PLANT SALE has begun! If we all do SOMETHING, we can help support programs for our school!
- PTO AFTERSCHOOL CLUBS - Gr. 5/6 Woodworking Club started Thursday and runs for 5 weeks. Gr. 5-8 Cougar Chefs still has openings! If you are interested in enrolling your child contact Cathy Knight at email@example.com
- GR. 5/6 FUN NIGHT - Is scheduled for Fri., April 5, from 7-9 PM. Please send in your $5. with the completed permission form.
- PTO MEETING - Wed., April 17, 2013; 6:30 - 8 PM in the CBMS office.
- SPIRITWEAR - Show your school spirit! To purchase or order call Missy Semprebon at 802-244-1918.
- PTO TABLE AT THE HOME & GARDEN SHOW - Baked goods are welcome, but feel free to come by and check out the PTO display at the Home and Garden Show.
For your calendars: (full CBMS calendar can be found by clicking here)
- March 22- No School for students today
- March 22-April 17- PTO Plant Sale
- March 23 - Odyssey of the Mind Tournament at CVU High School- good luck CBMS and TBPS teams!
- March 25- 7PM- Transforming Education in the WWSU- HUHS Library
- March 27 (note date change)- 6:30PM- 8th grade parent night at HUHS
- April 5- Grades 5/6 Fun Night
- April 10- Early Release Day
- April 12 - Grades 7/8 Dance at HUMS
- April 22-April 26- Spring Break