Wednesday, March 13th is a big day at CBMS!
- 8AM- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly in the gym...all are welcome!
- 8:30-10:15- School-Wide Pawsitivity Celebration to honor the number of respectiles that have been earned by positive and respectful behavior in the last couple of months
- 10:15-10:45 - Early Lunch for all students
- 10:45-11:45- 8th grade versus Staff basketball game in the gym
- 11:50 - Dismissal for Early Release Day
- 6:30- PTO Meeting- all are welcome!
Looking for options for your child for Early Release Days? Check out the E-Community Bulletin Board!
May 1st is Vermont's state-wide Walk and Bike to School Day! TBPS has done this for a few years....how about CBMS? We are looking for a "champion" to take on the organization of this day for CBMS. If you would you be interested in helping to plan a Cougar walk/bike rally to school that day, please let Tom Drake know!
8th grade parents- 9th Grade Parent Night at Harwood Union High School - March 27, 2013 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Traditionally we invite 9th grade parents to learn about the high school, meet administration and staff, and receive individual student recommendations. We have tried different formats in the past and would appreciate a few moments of your time to complete this survey as it will support us in meeting your needs for this upcoming parent night. Please complete this survey by March 13th. Thank you. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7SDTSW6
8th Grade AMERICAN LEGION SCHOOL AWARDS - any 8th grader can apply!
- AMERICANISM AWARD:
To be awarded to two (2) students writing the best essay. Essay should be typed or handwritten; 400-500 words; no personal names shall appear in the essay; the topic shall appear at the top of the page; at the end of the essay shall be the student’s signature and address. This year’s topic is: “What Freedom do I Enjoy the Most?”
- CITIZENSHIP AWARD:
Awarded to two (2) students writing the best essay and also contributing to their community and school. Explain what extra curricular activities you are involved in with your school and community. Essay should be typed or handwritten; 300-400 words; no personal names shall appear in the essay; the topic shall appear at the top of the page; at the end of the essay shall be the student’s signature and address. This year’s topic is: “What Makes America Great?”
- SCHOLASTIC MEDALS:
A medal will be presented to the scholastic students of the eighth grade. The school shall provide these names, based on academic achievement in the 8th grade.
- OUTSTANDING STUDENT MEDALLION:
Students MUST do both essays (numbers 1 & 2 above) and be a student with good grades.
All essays are due no later than JUNE 1st.
For your calendars: (full CBMS calendar can be found by clicking here)
- March 8- Grades 7/8 Dance @ HUMS - $5 at the door
- March 13- Early Release Day - noon dismissal
- March 13 - 8AM- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly- gym
- March 13- 8:30-10:15AM - Pawsitivity Celebration
- March 13- 10:45-11:45- Grade 8 vs Staff Basketball Game
- March 13- 6:30PM- PTO Meeting
- March 14- 6-7:30- Race To Nowhere - CBMS cafetorium
- March 20, 21 - Parent Conferences (3-8PM)
- Info on sign-ups will be coming out in early March
- PTO will be serving dinner on the March 20th evening
- March 22-April 17- PTO Plant Sale
- March 26- 6:30PM- 8th grade parent night at HUHS
- April 5- Grades 5/6 Fun Night