The Starline Rhythm Boys will be performing for the CBMS student body this Tuesday afternoon from 1:30 until dismissal....great way to ring out the learning for 2014!
PLPs- A Parent Perspective- Harwood and CBMS are piloting Personal Learning Plans this year, and at CBMS all 5th-8th graders will have a PLP next year. Read CBMS parent Maureen McCracken's reflection at this link.
Join us for the Spontaneous Problem Club and exercise the creative problem-solving part of your brain! We'll do lots of fun activities building things alone and in groups, telling creative stories, and we may even produce a skit or two! If you ever considered doing OM but couldn't make the longer-term commitment, or if you just like being creative and making things, you'll want to do this. Open to students in grades 5-8. Please register by January 7th, by clicking here. In the meantime, check out this PDF for two fun problems to try at home!
GREEN UP VERMONT ART AND WRITING CONTESTS - The Green Up Vermont organization is hosting its annual poster and writing contests for K-12 students in Vermont. One eye-catching poster-art entry is selected each year to be the full-color image on all of the Green Up materials used statewide to promote Green Up Day. Green Up Day 2015 is Saturday, May 2. The designer of the winning entry also receives $250. Entries must be 11 x 14 inches and submitted by Jan. 31, 2015. Green Up Vermont also invites students to write their thoughts about Green Up in the form of a poem or an essay of up to 400 words. The author of the winning entry also receives $250. Full contest rules and past winning art and writing pieces can be found at http://www.greenupvermont.
org/. Click on “poster/writing contests.”
Upcoming Dates of Note - (full calendar can be found here)
- December 24-Jan 2- Holiday Break- school begins again on Monday, January 5th.
- Wednesday, Jan 7th- Stowe Ski-Ride program begins- 12:50 dismissal.
- Tuesday, Jan 13th- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM at CBMS
- Thursday, Jan 15th- 5/6 Band Concert- 7PM
- Friday, Jan 16th- Last Day of Quarter 1
- Monday, Jan 19th- MLK, Jr Day- No School 2Day
- Tuesday, Jan 20th- CBMS PTO Meeting- 6:30PM- Trish Feld Library
- Friday, Jan 23rd- CBMS GeoBee- 8AM- Trish Feld Library
- Friday, Jan 23rd- Grades 7/8 Dance- HUMS- 7-9PM
- Tuesday, Jan 27th- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM at CBMS
- Wednesday, Jan 28th- 8th grade NAEP Testing
- Friday, Jan 30th- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9PM