Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Jan 8- Stowe Ski/Ride Program begins- 12:45 departure from CBMS, 5PM arrival back to CBMS
- Jan 8- PTO Meeting- 6:30PM
- Jan 10- Grades 7/8 Dance at HUMS.
- Jan 14- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM @ CBMS
- Jan 17- Quarter 2 last day
- Jan 20- MLK, Jr Day- No School for staff or students on this day
- Jan 23- Grades 5/6 Ferry Beach Parent Meeting- 6:30
- Jan 28- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM @ CBMS
- Jan 31- Fun Night for grades 5/6- 7-9PM
- Feb 5- Early Release Day
- Feb 21- Trimester 2 last day
- Feb 21- Winter Carnival
- Feb 21- March 4- Winter Break
2014 will see grades 5 and 6 go to Ferry Beach Ecology School in April! An informational Parent Night for 5th and 6th grade parents will be happening on Thursday, January 23rd beginning at 6:30PM in the CBMS Trish Feld Library. Additional information can be found via the Frequently Asked Questions document- click here. To Submit a Question, click here. To access the Ferry Beach Blog from 2 years ago, click here.
Cougar Cafe January Menu can be accessed by clicking here.
SES Tutoring - For students who are free/reduced lunch, supplemental educational tutoring is available. Please check the links on the CBMS Homepage for more information. The deadline for applications is Friday, January 24th.
To keep up to speed on the latest on Harwood's "Redesign of the 9th Grade Community", click here.
SUSTAINABILITY Bottle Cap Drive!
We all know plastic bottles are recyclable, but did you know our Materials Recovery Facility in Williston cannot currently recycle the plastic caps? Any plastic bottle cap under 2” wide must be thrown in the trash, adding more plastic to our landfills every day.
Student’s in Sustainability class would like to initiate an ongoing bottle cap drive to help address this issue. We are asking CBMS families to collect their plastic bottle caps (all shapes, sizes and colors) and deposit them in collection buckets at school. Sustainability students will use the caps for data collection and recycled art projects including a bottle cap mural for the school’s lobby.
Small actions can make a big difference, thanks for your help!