Yearbooks are now on sale. Current price is $25, and this price goes up to $30 after February 21st. Order online via this link.
Seriously in need of more volunteers and food! The Crossett Brook Middle School PTO and chairperson Stacy Grandfield will be hosting and coordinating this year’s 5th/6th Basketball Tournament the week of February 17th to 21st in the CBMS gymnasium. Volunteers are needed to ensure another successful tournament, projected this year to include 14 teams. To sign up to volunteer, click here. If you have volunteering questions, contact Missy Semprebon at firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Girls are invited to register for Waterbury Girls on the Run. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis at Thatcher Brook Primary School on Monday, Feb 17th, from 6:30-7:30. If you are interested in joining the program, pick up information in the CBMS front office.
CBMS Spirit Week next week- Let's show some Cougar Pride! (sponsored by the CBMS Student Council)
- Monday - Sports Day!! Wear your favorite sports gear, represent your favorite team! Jerseys, t-shirts, hats, etc.
- Tuesday - Color day!! Wear your team's color! Titan-Blue Prodigy-Purple Wizards-Green Dream-Red Quest-Yellow
- Wednesday - Beach Day!! (no bikinis please!) Wear your straw hat, sunglasses, Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts....
- Thursday - Twin Day - Dress the same as someone else!!
- Friday - WINTER CARNIVAL 2Day! Comfy Clothes Day!! Wear your comfiest clothes to wear under your snow pants, jacket, boots, etc!
Save Money and Eat Well - It’s tax season again! Vermonters who made under $51,567 in 2013 may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), designed to boost the income of working families and worth up to $6,044 as a tax credit or refund. Income guidelines are based on tax filing status and number of dependent children in the home. Families who receive the Vermont EITC are income eligible for 3SquaresVT food benefits, saving money not only on taxes, but also on grocery bills, with the average 3Squares benefit over $200/month. Plus, children who get 3SquaresVT can also get free school meals. Dial 2-1-1 for information about free tax help services, to make an appointmentwith a certified tax preparer and to learn about 3SquaresVT and school meals. Or go to www.vermontfoodhelp.com for more information.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Feb 14- 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM (Note- if school is called off due to weather, this event will be cancelled)
- Feb 18- Grades 7/8 WWSU-Combined Band/Chorus- HUHS- 7PM start- participants should arrive at 6:45PM
- Feb 20- Prodigy IDU Night (5-6:30PM)
- Feb 21- Winter Carnival at CBMS today
- Feb 21- Trimester 2 last day
- Feb 21- March 4- Winter Break
- March 2- WDSD Annual School Meeting- 6PM- TBPS Library
- March 4- Town Meeting Day
- March 14- 8AM- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly