Weather Cancellations and Reschedules:
- Incoming 9th Grade Parent Night scheduled for tonight has been CANCELLED. It has been rescheduled for Monday, March 17th from 6:30-8:00pm in the HU Cafeteria.
- CBMS PTO meeting scheduled for tonight has been CANCELLED due to the weather
RESPECT. CBMS Handicap parking spots should not be used for dropping off students unless your child has a handicap! Please leave these spots available for students and adults with real needs.
Parent Conference sign-ups end at the end of the day this Friday. Sign up today via the online link off the CBMS Homepage, or call the CBMS office at 244-6100 and we will get you a timeslot. Reminder that these conferences are student-led, and your child needs to attend with you. If you want to sign up for a conference with school counselor Jennie Hempey, please e-mail her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basketball at its funniest! Court Jesters versus Water Ducks - April 5th, 2014, Saturday at 7:00pm - Exciting family fun community event hosted by the CBMS PTO - CBMS Gymnasium - Please pre-purchase tickets at CBMS &TBPS, or online via this link. Adults:$15.00, Students/Seniors $12.00, Children 3 & under Free. Any questions can be directed to Carrie Dessureau 802-244-7262 or email@example.com
How can I Talk to My Teen About Sexting? Download a helpful brochure by clicking here.
A Weekend of Dance with the Alvin Ailey Arts in Education and Community is coming up in April- details can be found on the E-Community Bulletin Board by clicking here.
Attention gardeners, coffee and tea drinkers! CBMS and TBPS together have six teams taking part in the Odyssey of the Mind creative problem-solving program this year. At the Vermont State OM Tournament on March 22, the teams hope to qualify for Odyssey World Finals in May at Iowa State University. To help cover their costs for that competition, the teams have several fundraising efforts under way now.
Thanks to a generous donation from Vermont Artisan Coffee & Tea, OM teams have whole-bean coffee and black tea for sale with all of the proceeds going to the OM program. If you know a team member or coach, ask them. They also will be selling at some upcoming school events (Parent Conferences being one- Bags are $10 each, and organic English Breakfast tea is also available for $6 per tin) and at the LEAP Energy Fair in April.
Just in time for spring planting, the OM program is offering a nice selection of spring bulbs, bare-root perennials and seeds from Gardner’s Supply Company’s Flower Power Fundraising. Anyone anywhere can go online to browse the selection for their gardens. Products are shipped directly to the customer for a flat $5 shipping fee, regardless of the number of items. Odyssey of the Mind keeps 50 percent of the cost of each order. The fundraiser ends April 25. To order, click here. For more information, contact Patty McKibben at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please share this via email, Facebook, etc.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- March 14- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly- 8AM- CBMS gym
- March 14- Trimester 2 Report Cards sent home, via backpack express.
- March 14- Grades 7/8 Dance at HUMS- 7-9PM
- March 14- Online Scheduling for Parent Conferences closes at midnight
- March 17- HUHS Parent Night for 8th Grade Parents- 6:30PM- HUHS Auditorium
- March 18th- Harwood Spring Sports meeting for MS Track and Field- 6PM
- March 19- 3-8PM- Student-lead conferences
- March 21- No School for Students today
- March 22- OM State Tourney
- March 22- Jr. Iron Chef Competition
- March 25- "Internet Safety for Parents", sponsored by the PTO- 6:30-8- CBMS Library