Student-Led Conference Notes
- Bring your Middle Schooler- these conferences are student-led and can't happen without your child!
- All Student-Led conferences are happening on Wednesday. Forget what time you signed up for? Call the CBMS office at 244-6100.
- Dinner is Served by the PTO...pizza, salad, and drinks...stay out of the kitchen and bring the whole family!
- Odyssey of the Mind- they will be selling coffee and tea to help support this creative program....bring your wallet!
- Crayon Fundraiser- got old crayons sitting around? Drop them off in the front lobby to benefit Chloe's Crayons!
- Toilet Paper for W'bury Food Shelf- bring some rolls and drop them in the box in the front lobby!
- Old, unused cellphones and used up toner cartridges- again, drop them in the box in the front lobby!
- Boxtops- bring 'em on in!
PTO Plant Sale 2014
It has been a chilly winter.
It has been a chilly winter.
Our minds abound with the thoughts of Daffodils and Crocuses
Digging our hands into the warm mother earth and reaping the benefits of our temperate climate.
Spring is soon to sprout and color will splash across our canvas.
CBMS is entering our big spring fundraiser.
Our hopes are to fund student field trips and take the burden off of the parents.
So take a peek at these baskets of geraniums and petunias, Annuals throw color in our early pots and window boxes, The herbs add spice to our already rich life, throw in a few perennials for a gentle reminder each year that despite the cold and depth of the snow spring will always arrive with color that thrives.
Please support CBMS PTO and our local business, Evergreen Gardens, in making your windows bright, your gardens bountiful and your porches inviting.
All orders are due by Monday, April 14. Click here to access the order form.
Hanging baskets only may be picked up the Wed, May 7th-Sun May 11th for Mothers Day. All other orders can be picked up May 16th to the 18th.
Tonight- Harwood Sports Meeting for Spring Sports, including MS Track and Field. 6PM. To directions on how register your athlete on-line, click here.
The Court Jesters Bounce Their Way Into Duxbuxy, VT! On Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM, the Court Jesters are coming to Crossett Brook Middle School to take on the Water Ducks!
The Court Jesters are known around the globe as the world’s most entertaining Comedy Basketball Team. The team is made up of highly talented former college and professional basketball players with great showmanship skills, including Shane, “The Dribbling Machine” and Woney, “The King of Basketball Comedy”! They will dazzle the audience with their amazing skills and antics while providing countless laughs and excitement to young and old alike.
Our opposing team, the Water Ducks, will be made up of volunteers from organizations around town. This show can’t be missed! The cost for admission is $15 per adult, $12 per student or senior and children 3 and under are free. Proceeds will benefit the CBMS PTO. Come join the fun and watch your community team the Water Ducks compete against the Court Jesters! For more information visit the CBMS PTO website or contact Carrie Dessureau at 244-7262 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Tickets can be purchased now using the paypal button on the CBMS PTO website, at the CBMS office, or during CBMS Parent/Teacher conferences on March 19th.
Lacrosse sign-ups are open now, and you can access the website by clicking here. Questions- call David (233-8031) or Lorne (244-1203)
New GMPA info on the coming of the Alvin Ailey program can be found on the E-Community Bulletin Board.
Exciting Summer Math Opportunity! Interested in sharpening your math skills over the summer? Needing to socialize with kids who share the same love for math as you? Just bored over the summer and seeking something fun to do? Well, here’s your chance…by attending a summer math camp at Crossett Brook Middle School! This camp will be run for the second year by Tegan Garon, a graduate of Stowe High School and a junior at University of Vermont Honor’s College. Tegan is majoring in Secondary Education Mathematics, and has been involved in various math teaching programs and opportunities throughout high school and college. The camp will run Monday to Friday, June 30 – July 3, from 9:00am-noon daily. The camp is open to any incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th grader, of any math ability. Topics will be adjusted according to grade and level, but all students will engage in problem solving activities and critical thinking math games. The cost for the camp is $90, but a $10 discount will be given to any student who is signed up via email no later than April 15. There is a limit of 20 students, so sign up SOON by emailing Tegan: email@example.com. You may also email him with any questions or concerns.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- March 18- Harwood Spring Sports meeting for MS Track and Field- 6PM
- March 19- 3-8PM- Student-lead conferences
- March 21- No School for Students today
- March 22- OM State Tourney
- March 22- Jr. Iron Chef Competition
- March 25- "Internet Safety for Parents", sponsored by the PTO- 6:30-8- CBMS Library
- March 28- Grades 7/8 Dance at HUMS- 7-9PM
- April 2- "Hoops for Heart"- 2:30-4:30 in the gym
- April 5- LEAP Fair- CBMS gym- 9-3
- April 5- Court Jesters vs Water Ducks Basketball Game- CBMS gym- 7:00
- April 8-11- Grades 5/6 Ecology Week
- April 8- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM- TBPS Library
- April 9- Early Release Day
- April 9- PTO Meeting- 6:30- Trish Feld Library
- Week of April 21- Spring Break