EXTENDED! PTO Plant Sale has been extended due to the extended winter weather! All orders are due in by Wednesday, April 30th. Click here to access the order form. Take a peek at the offerings.
Waterbury LEAP video from Seven Days Magazine...lots of CBMS students highlighted! (8 minutes) click here
Staff Appreciation Week is coming! It is that time of year again when we all come together and celebrate the Staff at CBMS. Please click on this link to see what we need. This link will lead you to the sign up form for our pizza luncheon and Staff breakfast. Please consider helping us out and taking the time to show all the staff how much they mean to us! If you don't have time to make anything please consider sending in a donation to help pay for the pizza for the luncheon on .
Thank you so much for all your help. Any questions can be directed to Leslie Proteau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Velocity- Program for MS Boys - Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is proud to announce that Velocity is coming to CBMS once again this Spring! The goals of the program are:
- To encourage a healthy, active lifestyle for Middle School boys.
- To give boys an opportunity to try new fitness activities in a non-competitive, boys-only setting
- To help boys build confidence and communication skills, as they bond with mentors and other participants
By creating six different activity modules, each with a corresponding lesson, we will give boys a chance to try out an activity without making a major commitment to it. Past activities include mountain biking, break-dancing, fencing, ropes course adventures, frisbee golf, orienteering, hiking and we’re always looking for new activities. It is our goal to help each boy find at least one activity he really enjoys, and continue with it, remaining active in the future.
The program will run on Thursdays from 2:30-4:30, beginning on May 1st with a session on break dancing. The program costs $60 per child, and some scholarship money may be available upon request. Checks should be made to "Velocity BCBSVT". The permission form can be found by clicking here, and we are limited to 8 participants in this program- the first 8 filled out permission forms we receive in the CBMS office take those spots. Note that the CBMS office will be open during Spring Break. Contact Dan Gratton, the CBMS Velocity coordinator, to learn more - email@example.com or 244-6100 x122.
Changing the World, one Soccer Ball Juggle at a time! (From Jacob Singer-Skedzuhn- CBMS 8th Grader) Will you donate $10 (or more) to help me save a life? I'm juggling to save lives in the OSA World Juggle-a-thon for Nothing But Nets on - World Malaria Day. My goal is to "Juggle to Get Better, Juggle to Save Lives"How Do I Donate?
Option 1: Donate online at this link by clicking on the "Make a One Time Donation" button.
Option 2: Donate by check made payable to "United Nations Foundation". I'll mail it with my fundraiser form to Nothing But Nets.
If you donate online please let me know how much you donated so I can track it on my fundraiser form. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for helping me juggle to save lives! Jacob Singer-Skedzuhn- jsingerskedzuhn2018
Michael Bove Wins Waterbury Ice Out Raffle – OM Fundraising Continues Michael Bove of Waterbury Center (dad to a CBMS 7th grade OMer) is the winner of the first Waterbury Ice Out 50-50 raffle. Bove guessed the ice on the Waterbury Pool would melt April 14 at 6 p.m. That was the closest prediction to when the wooden pallet tipped just enough for the 50-pound brick to slip off and sink to the bottom of the deep end.
Bove gets a $350 cash prize. The remaining $350 goes to benefit the Odyssey of the Mind program at CBMS and Thatcher Brook. Three of the creative problem-solving teams of 4th through 7th graders are heading to Iowa State University for the OM World Finals competition in late May. Fundraising is helping pay half their trip costs.
The OM program thanks Waterbury Parks and Recreation for the use of the pool for this event, Pack and Send Plus for discounted printing services, and all of the local businesses who helped sell Ice Out tickets: Aubuchon Hardware, Bargain Boutique, Billings Mobil, Bridgeside Books, Crossroads Deli, Waterbury True Value Hardware, Family Physical Therapy.
The teams are making progress toward their fundraising goal but there’s still a way to go. For updates, check out their Facebook page: “Waterbury Duxbury Vt. Odyssey of the Mind.” They have an online donation site at http://www.gofundme.com/
Waterbury-Duxbury-OM and a spring plant/bulb/seed sale with Flowerpower at Gardener’s Supply online.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Week of April 21- Spring Break
- Week of May 5th- Staff Appreciation Week
- May 7th- Walk and Roll to School Day (leaving from Rusty Parker Park- 7AM
- May 7th- Early Release Day
- May 13th- WDSD School Board Meeting- TB Library- 6PM
- May 14th- CBMS PTO Meeting- CBMS Library- 6:30PM
- May 15th- Grades 5-8 Chorus Concert- 7PM
- May 16th - Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- May 20th- Grades 5-8 Band Concert- 7:30PM
- May 22nd- Prodigy Evening of Poetry and Music- 5PM
- May 26th- Memorial Day- No School today
- June 4, 5- Honk on the CBMS Stage- 7PM
- June 6th- Step Up Day
- June 10th- WDSD School Board Meeting- TB Library- 6PM
- June 11th- CBMS PTO Meeting- CBMS Library- 6:30PM
- June 12th- Team Titan IDU Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 13th- Team Prodigy End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:30PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 17th- Team Titan End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 18th- 8th Grade Recognition Assembly- 9:30AM
- June 18th - 8th Grade Graduation- 5:30PM
- June 19th- Last Day of School for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders (Early Release Day- 11:50 dismissal)
- June 19th- Great Escape Trip for Graduates- departure at 7AM
- June 26th- Trimester 3 Report Cards mailed home