Safe and Happy Travels to our Odyssey of the Mind teams, who head out next week to the World Tournament at Iowa State University!
Got the CBMS Homepage bookmarked? cbms.wwsu.org
8th Grade Parents- a few timely items of note:
- Reminder that Great Escape permission slips and payment are due no later then .
- We need more help to coordinate the 8th grade graduation. Click here to sign up to volunteer.
- We are in need of more chaperones for the Great Escape trip on June 19th. Please contact Dona Culver if you can chaperone- email@example.com
- American Legion Award info was sent to your child a couple of weeks ago, and details are below. This weekend might be a great time to write some essays!
AMERICAN LEGION SCHOOL AWARDS
- AMERICANISM AWARD:
To be awarded to two (2) students writing the best essay. Essay should be typed or handwritten; 400-500 words; no personal names shall appear in the essay; the topic shall appear at the top of the page; at the end of the essay shall be the student’s signature and address.
This year’s topic is:
“How can I show my pride in being an American?”
- CITIZENSHIP AWARD:
Awarded to two (2) students writing the best essay and also contributing to their community and school. Explain what extra curricular activities you are involved in with your school and community. Essay should be typed or handwritten; 300-400 words; no personal names shall appear in the essay; the topic shall appear at the top of the page; at the end of the essay shall be the student’s signature and address.
This year’s topic is:
“America- The Land of the Free?”
- OUTSTANDING STUDENT MEDALLION:
Students MUST do both essays (numbers 1 & 2 above) and be a student with good grades.
The American Legion and American Legion Auxiliary will judge these essays.
All essays are due no later than JUNE 1, 2014, and should be turned into Mr. Drake in the CBMS Office.
First Fridays at the Ice Center begin on June 6th. Click here for more info!
Swim fans, it's time to think about swim team! Register and meet the coaches on , from at the Recreation Building or at the first practice on . Practices are held Mondays-Wednesdays and optional Fridays, at the Waterbury Pool, and meets are Thursdays at 5. Swimmers can also work to qualify for States at the end of the season . Registration is $50 per swimmer/or $85 per family. Swimmers must purchase a pool pass from the Waterbury Town Offices. Scholarships are available upon written request.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- May 26th- Memorial Day- No School today
- June 4, 5- Honk on the CBMS Stage- 7PM
- June 6th- Step Up Day
- June 10th- WDSD School Board Meeting- TB Library- 6PM
- June 11th- CBMS PTO Meeting- CBMS Library- 6:30PM
- June 12th- Team Titan IDU/End-of-Year Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 13th- Team Titan to Bread and Puppet Theatre- 8AM-2:30PM
- June 13th- Team Prodigy End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:30PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 17th- Team Prodigy to Whales Tale Water Park (8AM-4PM)
June 17th- Team Titan End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 18th- 8th Grade Recognition Assembly- 9:30AM
- June 18th - 8th Grade Graduation- 5:30PM
- June 19th- Last Day of School for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders (Early Release Day- 11:50 dismissal)
- June 19th- Great Escape Trip for Graduates- departure at 7AM
- June 26th- Trimester 3 Report Cards mailed home