The Fall round of parent conferences will be happening in the afternoons and evenings of Monday, November 24th and Tuesday, November 25th. Parent Conference sign-ups open up on-line on first thing on Wednesday, November 12th, and close at the end of the day on Tuesday, November 18th, and you can access that system via the link on the CBMS Homepage. The password for CBMS is "cbms". Step-By-Step Parent/Guardian Instructions are as follows:
- Visit the school’s homepage (http://cbms.wwsu.org/) and select the Online Scheduler icon/link.
- From the Online Scheduler Home Page
- Choose your student’s school from the drop down list and click “GO”
- Enter the school password (cbms)
- Click on the "use the LOOKUP STUDENT ID" button to access the system.
- Verify the student’s birth date
- A list of your student’s teachers will be displayed. Check the box next to the name of each teacher(s) you would like to meet with.
- If you have more than one student in the school you can see all of your students’ teachers’ schedules at one time by answering YES to this question “Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?” then repeat the steps above for your other students. If you only have one student, answer NO to that question.
- You will then see the available time slots for each teacher you selected.
- Select the times that work best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you. (Your email address is kept private.)
- Once you have finished you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment)
Need help? Contact Dona Culver (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom Drake (email@example.com), or phone the school at 244-6100.
Bad at Math is a Lie by Matt Waite. A good, quick, and relevant read!
Career Fair- date change- due to a number of factors, the date for the CBMS-HUMS Career Fair is now Feb 18th.
Is your child feeling Stressed Out!? Relaxation Club, with Ms. Lora, might be the answer! Come and try out some different relaxation exercises after school in the French Room on 11/12, 11/19, 12/3 and/or 12/17. Make arrangements ahead of time to take the 3:00 bus, or get picked up at 3:00. Please sign-up on the CBMS homepage ASAP because space is limited.
News from the Cougar Cafe:
- Our Amazing Thanksgiving Lunch will be served on November 13th, and includes Roasted Turkey w/Gravy or Stuffed Mushroom, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Squash, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie, and Tossed Salad. Parents please make a reservation by November 11th. Please calling for 244-6100 or contacting our Director, Erika Dolan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kale! Click here to check out this cool video on the "Harvest of the Month"
- Lunch Balances- thanks in advance for keeping your child's lunch balance in the positive! Up-to-date balances can be accessed via PowerSchool.
Winter Sports Meetings:
- CBMS Parent/Athlete Meeting for 7/8 basketball. Thursday, Nov 13th at 6:30PM in the Cougar Cafetorium.
- HUMS Parent/Athlete Meeting for 7/8 Nordic Skiers and Wrestlers. Tuesday, Nov 11th at 5:30PM in the HUHS auditorium.
Thank you to all the generous folks who gave Halloween candy at TBPS, CBMS and BGB Salon. The Residents of Randall, Elm, Park Row and Butler Streets were so grateful!
Upcoming Dates of Note (full calendar can be found here)
November 12- Career Fair at CBMS- during school dayRescheduled to February 18.
- November 11- Harwood MS Winter Sports Meeting for Parents/Athletes of nordic skiers and wrestlers - 5:30 HUHS Auditorium
- November 13- Thanksgiving Lunch in the Cougar Cafe
- November 13- CBMS Winter Sports Meeting for 7th and 8th grade Basketball Parents/Athletes- 6:30 in the Cougar Cafetorium
- November 14- Grades 7/8 Dance @ HUMS- 7-9PM
- November 18- PTO Meeting- 6:30PM in Trish Feld Library
- November 25- Trimester 1 Recognition Assembly- Gym- 8-8:45AM
- November 24 & 25- Student/Parent Conferences- after school from 3-8PM.
- November 26-28- Thanksgiving Break- No School for Students on these days
- December 1- WDSD School Board Meeting- 6PM in CBMS Trish Feld Library