14-15 School Calendar- the finalized calendar can be accessed by clicking here.
EXTENDED! PTO Plant Sale has been extended due to the extended winter weather! All orders are due in by Wednesday, April 30th. Click here to access the order form. Take a peek at the offerings.
Limited spots left! Program for MS Boys in grades 5-8 - BC/BS of Vermont is proud to announce that Velocity is coming to CBMS once again this Spring! The goals of the program are:
- To encourage a healthy, active lifestyle for Middle School boys.
- To give boys an opportunity to try new fitness activities in a non-competitive, boys-only setting.
- To help boys build confidence and communication skills, as they bond with mentors and other participants.
By creating six different activity modules, each with a corresponding lesson, we will give boys a chance to try out an activity without making a major commitment to it. Past activities include mountain biking, break-dancing, fencing, ropes course adventures, frisbee golf, orienteering, hiking and we’re always looking for new activities. It is our goal to help each boy find at least one activity he really enjoys, and continue with it, remaining active in the future.
The program will run on Thursdays from 2:30-4:30, beginning on May 1st with a session on break dancing. The program costs $60 per child, and some scholarship money may be available upon request. Checks should be made to "Velocity BCBSVT". The permission form can be found by clicking here, and we are limited to 8 participants in this program- the first 8 filled out permission forms we receive in the CBMS office take those spots! Contact Dan Gratton, the CBMS Velocity coordinator, to learn more - email@example.com or 244-6100 x122.
Code Camp at UVM- for students in grades 5 and up who want to learn to write code and program! August 4th-8th. More info can be found at http://tiie.w3.uvm.edu/codecamp/
Staff Appreciation Week is coming! It is that time of year again when we all come together and celebrate the Staff at CBMS. Please click on this link to see what we need. This link will lead you to the sign up form for our pizza luncheon and Staff breakfast. Please consider helping us out and taking the time to show all the staff how much they mean to us! If you don't have time to make anything please consider sending in a donation to help pay for the pizza for the luncheon on . Thank you so much for all your help. Any questions can be directed to Leslie Proteau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exciting Summer Math Camp Opportunity
WHAT: A math camp is being hosted for the second summer in a row by Tegan Garon, a junior at the University of Vermont Honor’s College. The camp will allow participants to investigate a range of math concepts through the use of interactive activities, problem solving challenges, and games.
WHEN: Monday June 30 to Thursday July 3, from 9:00am-noon
WHERE: Crossett Brook Middle School.
WHO: Any incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th grader may sign up for the camp.
COST: $90 for the entire week, which includes all materials participants will need.
There is a limit of 20 participants, so sign up SOON by emailing Tegan at email@example.com. You may also email him with any questions or concerns.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Week of May 5th- Staff Appreciation Week
- May 7th- Walk and Roll to School Day (leaving from Rusty Parker Park- 7:10AM sharp!)
- May 7th- Early Release Day (11:50AM dismissal)
- May 13th- WDSD School Board Meeting- TBPS Library- 6PM
- May 14th- CBMS PTO Meeting- CBMS Library- 6:30PM
- May 15th- Grades 5-8 Chorus Concert- 7PM
- May 16th - Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- May 20th- Grades 5-8 Band Concert- 7:30PM
- May 22nd- Prodigy Evening of Poetry and Music- CBMS Library- 5PM
- May 26th- Memorial Day- No School today
- June 4, 5- Honk on the CBMS Stage- 7PM
- June 6th- Step Up Day
- June 10th- WDSD School Board Meeting- TB Library- 6PM
- June 11th- CBMS PTO Meeting- CBMS Library- 6:30PM
- June 12th- Team Titan IDU Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 13th- Team Titan to Bread and Puppet Theatre- 8AM-2:30PM
- June 13th- Team Prodigy End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:30PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 17th- Team Prodigy to Whales Tale Water Park (8AM-4PM)
- June 17th- Team Titan End-Of-Year Dinner- 5:00PM- Cougar Cafe
- June 18th- 8th Grade Recognition Assembly- 9:30AM
- June 18th - 8th Grade Graduation- 5:30PM
- June 19th- Last Day of School for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders (Early Release Day- 11:50 dismissal)
- June 19th- Great Escape Trip for Graduates- departure at 7AM
- June 26th- Trimester 3 Report Cards mailed home