Mulan, Jr. is coming to CBMS! Sign up sheet- click here; Parent Info sheet- click here
PG-13 movies- You should expect that if any movie or movie clip from a PG-13 rated movie is to be shown in any class, you will be notified in advance.
Middle School Career Fair: On Wednesday, February 18 from 8:00am-12:00pm, Crossett Brook and Harwood Union Middle Schools will be hosting our first ever career fair. The career fair will be held at Crossett Brook Middle School. If you or your business is interested in presenting at this career fair, please complete the form on the Crossett Brook Middle School web page.
Details on the 7th and 8th grade exchange with Harwood Union Middle School can be found by clicking here. Note the strict March 5th deadline for applying to the exchange.
Save the Date- International Dinner @ CBMS on February 14th- 6-8PM...details to follow!
CBMS is again hosting the Hoops Tournament for Grades 5 and 6 this February, and we are looking for a good number of volunteers. The tourney is Feb 4-7. Please click here to sign up for a volunteer spot.
After School Creative Writing with Ms. Cicchetti - session #2 begins on February 5th- details can be found here. Limit is 12 students, so don't delay in signing up!
Velocity for Boys @ CBMS! Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is proud to announce that Velocity is coming to CBMS this Spring! The goals of the overall program are:
- To encourage a healthy, active lifestyle for Middle School boys.
- To give boys an opportunity to try new fitness activities in a non-competitive, boys-only setting
- To help boys build confidence and communication skills, as they bond with mentors and other participants
By creating six different activity modules, each with a corresponding lesson, we will give boys a chance to try out an activity without making a major commitment to it. Past activities include mountain biking, break-dancing, fencing, ropes course adventures, frisbee golf, orienteering, cooking, hiking and we’re always looking for new activities. It is our goal to help each boy find at least one activity he really enjoys, and continue with it, remaining active in the future.
This year, we are offering Velocity at eight Vermont schools, including CBMS. Attached you will find a permission form for the overall program, which requests permission regarding transportation to various sites, a photo release, and some emergency contact information.
The program will tentatively run on Thursdays from 2:30-4:30, beginning April 30th and running through June 4th The program costs $60 per child, and some scholarship money may be available upon request. Checks should be made to "Velocity BCBSVT", and sent with the permission slip to the CBMS office. Contact Dan Gratton, the CBMS Velocity coordinator, to learn more….email@example.com or 244-6100 x122. This program is limited to 20 participants, on a first-come/first served basis. Velocity permission slip can be accessed by clicking here.
The Barnstormers Modelers Club will run a flying demonstration of remote controlled airplanes in the CBMS gym on this Saturday from 2 to 5:30. Come see if flying is for you!
Sign up for the Family-friendly snow volleyball tournament at Waterbury Winterfest! Want to have fun in the snow? Planning on watching/playing broomball or going to the sledding party at Anderson field on January 31? Why not add volleyball to your list of fun activities??!! In addition to the adult coed volleyball tournament, there will be a family-friendly tournament too. With relaxed rules and more people on a side, your kids are sure to have a blast. We need at least 2 more teams, but would love to have even more. Ideally there will be a grand finale championship on Feb 8, but even if you can only play on Jan 31, please sign up! sign your team up here.
Upcoming Dates of Note - (full calendar can be found here)
- 2Nite- Friday, Jan 23rd- Grades 7/8 Dance- HUMS- 7-9PM
- Tuesday, Jan 27th- WDSD School Board meeting- 7PM at CBMS - relevant documents can be accessed by clicking here.
- Wednesday, Jan 28th- 8th grade NAEP Testing
- Friday, Jan 30th- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9PM
- Wednesday, Feb 4th- Early Release Day- noon dismissal (Stowe program departs at noon)
- February 4-7- Grades 5/6 Basketball Tournament @ CBMS
- Tuesday, February 10th- Info meeting for Mulan, Jr- 1:30-2:20
- Tuesday, February 10th- WDSD School Board Meeting- 6PM @ CBMS
- Tuesday, February 10th- WWSU Combined 6th Grade Choral Concert- HUHS
- Friday, February 13th- Mulan, Jr. Rehearsals begin- 2:30-4:30
- Friday, February 13th- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- Saturday, February 14th- International Dinner @ CBMS- 6-8PM
- Tuesday, February 17th- WWSU Combined 6th Grade Band and 7th/8th Grade Band & Choral concert @ HUHS- 7PM
- Wednesday, February 18th- MS Career Fair @ CBMS- 8-Noon
- Monday, Feb 23rd-Tuesday, March 3rd- Winter Break