2Nite! Fun Night - 7-9PM- to sign up, click here.
Mulan, Jr. is coming to CBMS! Sign up sheet- click here; Parent Info sheet- click here
CBMS is again hosting the Hoops Tournament for Grades 5 and 6 this February, and we are looking for a good number of volunteers. The tourney is Feb 4-7. Please click here to sign up for a volunteer spot!
E-Bus Note- no need risk that note getting lost in the blackhole we call a backpack. Submit electronically- simply click here!
The Incoming HUHS 9th Grade (i.e. Current 8th Grade) Parent Night will be on March 11th from 6-7:30PM in the HU Auditorium. In order to develop a presentation that is personalized to the needs of you, the parents and guardians, please click here to fill out a quick survey. The final day to fill out this survey will be February 6th. Thank you for your time!
3rd Annual CBMS International Dinner - This year this event will take place in the CBMS cafetorium on Saturday Feb. 14th from 6-8:30pm. We hope you will join the spice filled (not too hot!) and delicious fun to celebrate the many diverse cultures contributing to the diverse and delightful fabric of our community. This year’s menu will feature many different dishes to taste from a variety of countries. We ask that all ingredients be listed on your dish. Thank you for contributing to the international pot-luck dinner. Suggested donation at the door is $5 and $20/family. If you don’t have time to cook-just come! All are welcome! All donations go to the CBMS-PTO Fund. This year’s entertainment will include:
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Pam Clapp from the Himalayan Cataract Project
- OTHER SPECIAL GUESTS: Waterbury Rotary exchange students will tell us about their home towns
- SLIDES FROM MOROCCO: Jesse McDougall CBMS 8th grader
DATE: Saturday, Feb 14
DONATION: suggested $5 at the door $20/family
POT-LUCK: please list all ingredients on your dish to avoid any allergy issues during our celebration.
Contact: Belle McDougall @ 802-477-3351 or email@example.com
Velocity for Boys @ CBMS! Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is proud to announce that Velocity is coming to CBMS this Spring! The goals of the overall program are:
- To encourage a healthy, active lifestyle for Middle School boys.
- To give boys an opportunity to try new fitness activities in a non-competitive, boys-only setting
- To help boys build confidence and communication skills, as they bond with mentors and other participants
By creating six different activity modules, each with a corresponding lesson, we will give boys a chance to try out an activity without making a major commitment to it. Past activities include mountain biking, break-dancing, fencing, ropes course adventures, frisbee golf, orienteering, cooking, hiking and we’re always looking for new activities. It is our goal to help each boy find at least one activity he really enjoys, and continue with it, remaining active in the future.
This year, we are offering Velocity at eight Vermont schools, including CBMS. Attached you will find a permission form for the overall program, which requests permission regarding transportation to various sites, a photo release, and some emergency contact information.
The program will tentatively run on Thursdays from 2:30-4:30, beginning April 30th and running through June 4th The program costs $60 per child, and some scholarship money may be available upon request. Checks should be made to "Velocity BCBSVT", and sent with the permission slip to the CBMS office. Contact Dan Gratton, the CBMS Velocity coordinator, to learn more….firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-6100 x122. This program is limited to 20 participants, on a first-come/first served basis. Velocity permission slip can be accessed by clicking here.
Change of date- Trimester 2 Recognition Assembly- March 19th- 8AM in the CBMS gym- with Odyssey of the Mind team performances.
Tap Dance for Beginners- check out the E-Community Bulletin Board for more info....click here.
Upcoming Dates of Note - (full calendar can be found here)
- 2Nite - Friday, Jan 30th- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9PM
- Wednesday, Feb 4th- Early Release Day- noon dismissal (Stowe program departs at noon)
- February 4-7- Grades 5/6 Basketball Tournament @ CBMS
- Tuesday, February 10th- Info meeting for Mulan, Jr- 1:30-2:20
- Tuesday, February 10th- WDSD School Board Meeting- 6PM @ CBMS
- Tuesday, February 10th- WWSU Combined 6th Grade Choral Concert- HUHS
- Friday, February 13th- Mulan, Jr. Rehearsals begin- 2:30-4:30
- Friday, February 13th- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- Saturday, February 14th- International Dinner @ CBMS- 6-8PM
- Tuesday, February 17th- WWSU Combined 6th Grade Band and 7th/8th Grade Band & Choral concert @ HUHS- 7PM
- Wednesday, February 18th- MS Career Fair @ CBMS- 8-Noon
- Monday, February 23rd-Tuesday, March 3rd- Winter Break
- Thursday, February 26th- WDSD Annual School Meeting- 6PM- CBMS Library