From the Cougar Cafe: Welcome from our Food & Nutrition Service Program. We are looking forward to a great, fresh and health year! Menus can be found on-line at http://wdnutrition.wwsu.org Please make sure to send a check with your child if your balance is negative asap.
If you haven't yet filled your free and reduced application please do so, as a new application must be completed every year. Please note that there was a mistake on the printed menu that went home with your first day package. At CBMS Lunch prices are $3.25, Breakfast $1.50 and a la cart milk is $0.50. Apologies for the confusion, and thank you for your support of the Cougar Cafe Food Program.
7th Grade Parents - State House Page information for 7th graders- click here. Great opportunity! Deadline for applications is Oct 1st.
8th Grade Parents- Math Changes at HUHS have some implications for 8th grade math- click here to access the letter with details on the changes.
Grades 7/8 Soccer games begin next week. Schedules can be found here. Go Cougars!
CBMS Change #2- Personal Learning Plans (PLPs) for each CBMS student. Recently the State of Vermont, through the Act 77/Flexible Pathways Initiative, mandated PLPs for 7th and 9th graders, to eventually become 7th-12th graders. Unlike many mandates, we think this one is such a good idea that we decided to take spread it to all CBMS students! Last year we piloted PLPs with a small number of groups, which set some nice groundwork to roll this initiative out school-wide this year. The core goal of PLPs is to help bring to light the individual motivations, goals, and interests for each learner, so that we can work hard to shape learning opportunities that will help to engage each and every student at CBMS. The PLP work is just beginning at CBMS, and look for more on this as the school year progresses.
Parent PowerSchool Log-ons- We have a new version of PowerSchool this year. Instructions on how to set up an account for all of your children in the WWSU. Click here to access the PowerSchool Parent Portal. On the sign in screen you will see a tab entitled "Create Account". Click on that tab, and then on the "Create Account" button, and fill in all the fields that are required on this page, which include the following:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Email (must be unique)
• User Name (must be unique)
• Password (case sensitive!)
• Re-enter Password
You should have received the username and password the packet we sent home on the first day with your child. If you do not have this information you can contact Dona Culver in the front office- email@example.com. Once the parent account is established, you can then add one or more students to the account. To add a student, click the Add icon and search on the student’s last name. For each student you wish to add, indicate the relationship of the parent to the student, select the Add checkbox, and then click the Add button.
SUNZILLA RETURNS - On Thursday, September 10 at 5pm in conjunction with the Waterbury Farmers Market at the Rusty Parker Park judging will be held for the Twenty Second Annual Waterbury Rotary Sunflower Growing Contest known as The Hunt for Sunzilla, The Monster Sunflower. The Hunt for Sunzilla is cosponsored by Waterbury True Value Hardware, Evergreen Gardens, Sunflower Natural Foods, the Waterbury Farmers Market and the Waterbury Rotary Club. We will be awarding prizes for the tallest sunflower, largest diameter and heaviest sunflower head. By popular demand we will again have our Sunflower Seed Spitting for distance and accuracy contest for kids 12 and younger. We will also continue awarding a prize for the longest and heaviest Zucchini, known as The Hunt for the Other Green Monster. We recommend that people keep their cars locked following this contest or you could wind up with a year's supply of the fixings for Zucchini Bread in the form of one Zucchini. All contestants should try to bring their entries to the Rusty Parker Park by 4:30 pm. For further information check the Waterbury Rotary Website at www.rotary-waterbury. If you have any questions contact John Malter at 244-7373.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- TODAY- WWSU Inservice Day- No School for Students today
- September 7th- Labor Day- No School Today
- September 8th- WWSU Presentation on Act 46- 6PM in the HU Library
- September 10- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library- click here to access relevant documents
- September 10/11- Team Prodigy overnight campout at Little River State Park
- September 15- CBMS PTO meeting- 6:30PM in the CBMS Library
- September 16- Walk and Roll to School Day- convene at 7AM at Rusty Parker Park.
- September 18- Grades 7/8 Dance @ W'bury Ice Center, sponsored by HUMS- 7:30-9:30PM
- September 24- Back 2 School Night at CBMS- time TBD
- October 2- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9PM @ CBMS
- October 6- Grades 5/6 WWSU Spelling Bee @ CBMS- 8:30AM
- October 7- School Photo Day
- October 8- Substance Abuse Workshop for Parents, sponsored by the CBMS PTO. 6:30PM in the CBMS Library.
- October 12- No School for Students today- Columbus Day
- October 13- No School for Students today- Staff In-Service
- October 13- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library