The Stowe Ski/Ride program is starting up again in January- time to tune up those boards! Please click here for information regarding sign ups for our program at Stowe Mountain Resort. This is time sensitive so please do not delay.
Halloween is coming and your Waterbury Village neighbors are excited for another great year! Please help by dropping your candy donations off at the candy drop boxes at TBPS and CBMS offices from Monday, 10/19 through Friday, 10/30! The candy will be distributed to Randall and Elm Streets and other homes in high traffic spots. Thanks in advance for your help!
Who is ready for Odyssey of the Mind? Calling all returning OMers and anyone interested in learning more about Odyssey of the Mind! OM is a fun, extra-curricular creative problem-solving activity that keeps students busy from fall until March. Crossett Brook has participated in the state and national OM competitions for many years. It’s time to form teams for this year – no experience necessary. OM teams typically have 5-7 student members and two parent volunteer coaches. OM is for creative students who like to design and build things; those who enjoy art, acting and maybe even singing; people who like working with a group and especially enjoy a challenge.
Anyone interested in being on a team, coaching a team, or just learning more so you can decide, should come to an organizing meeting on Monday, October 19th at 6:30PM in the Thatcher Brook school library.
OM is for students of all ages - from kindergarten through college. Hundreds of teams from the U.S. and many other countries take part in World Finals every year. They start by choosing from a list of problems to solve, working during the school year on a solution, and presenting their solutions at state contests. Winners qualify to compete at World Finals. Vermont’s state tournament will be held Saturday, March 19th, at Champlain Valley Union High School. 2015-16 problem descriptions are online at this link. More information on the Vermont OM website. Questions? Contact OM coordinator Lisa Scagliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to contact her if your student is interested but you cannot attend the October 19th meeting.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- 2Nite - October 16- Grades 7/8 Dance- 7-9PM @ CBMS. $5. No permission slip needed.
- October 19th- OM Organizational meeting- 6:30PM- TBPS library
- October 30- Last Day for Quarter 1
- October 30- Staff vs 8th Grade Soccer Game- 1:30-2:30 (weather dependent)
- November 3- PTO Meeting- 6:30PM- CBMS Library
- November 5th- Technicool, sponsored by the CBMS PTO- 6:30PM- CBMS Library. This is a parent workshop focused on technology safety, digital citizenship, and healthy online relationships.
- November 9- School Photo Re-Take Day- 8-11AM
- November 10- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library
- November 13- Last Day of Trimester 1
- November 13- Grades 7/8 Dance- HUMS
- November 19- CBMS Concert- 6-8 Band, Jazz Band, 5-8 Chorus- 7PM
- November 23- Student-Led Conferences- 3-8PM
- November 24- Trimester 1 Recognition Assembly- 1:45-2:30
- November 25-November 27- Thanksgiving Break- No School on these days