Shaws Grocery Store donated $400 to CBMS as part of a community give-back initiative. Kris Shepherd delivered the check for Shaw's, and Ellen Barillaro graciously accepted it for CBMS! Many thanks to the good folks at Shaw's for your support of our school!
Free & Reduced Lunch Eligibility. Has your income changed? Household size increased? Life changed your circumstances? Please note that you can apply for benefits at any time during the school year. For more information please visit this site.
Halloween is coming and your Waterbury Village neighbors are excited for another great year! Please help by dropping your candy donations off at the candy drop boxes at TBPS and CBMS thru next week, Fridaycandy will be distributed to Randall and Elm Streets and other homes in high traffic spots! Thanks to everyone who has already donated!
CBMS After School Cross Country Ski Program - Our after school program will take place for eight weeks on Monday afternoons. We will be taking a bus from school to the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. Parent volunteers are welcome for this program. All paperwork must be in by December 5, 2015. Click here for more information, and to access the registration form.
Annie Jr., the CBMS musical this year, will be starting on Monday, October 26th. On the 26th we will read through the play. Auditions will happen on Tuesday the 27th. Rehearsals will begin on the 28th. All of these activities will begin after school and last until the 5:00 bus. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Eileen Baker- email@example.com.
Fencing Program on the E-Community Bulletin. Click here.
Ponderable: “I wish that every teenager had to take a course on how their brain works so that they would understand that they’re building their brain by what they do every day.” Frances Jensen in “Secrets of the Teenage Brain” in Educational Leadership, October 2015 . http://bit.ly/1O51fcd
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- October 30- Last Day for Quarter 1
- October 30- Staff vs 8th Grade Soccer Game- 1:30-2:30 (weather dependent)
- November 3- PTO Meeting- 6:30PM- CBMS Library
- November 5th- Technicool, sponsored by the CBMS PTO- 6:30PM- CBMS Library. This is a parent workshop focused on technology safety, digital citizenship, and healthy online relationships.
- November 9- School Photo Re-Take Day- 8-11AM
- November 10- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library
- November 13- Last Day of Trimester 1
- November 13- Grades 7/8 Dance- HUMS
- November 19- CBMS Concert- 6-8 Band, Jazz Band, 5-8 Chorus- 7PM
- November 23- Student-Led Conferences- 3-8PM
- November 24- Trimester 1 Recognition Assembly- 1:45-2:30
- November 25-November 27- Thanksgiving Break- No School on these days