Grades 5 & 6 WWSU Spelling Bee- The CBMS spelling team took second place in this year’s Bee, behind Warren by a mere 1 word! Melissa Williams coached the team again this year, and team members included Jeswin Antony, Jack Birmingham, Winn Gillen, Oliver Menard, Garrett Nelson, Merry Smith, and Louisa Thomsen. COUGARS!
Stowe Ski & Ride Program- stay tuned for info on this program coming out soon!
Daily Den Announcements are hosted on the CBMS Homepage. Access them there by clicking on the Afternoon Den Announcements link.
Looking to access Athletic Schedules for grades 7/8 sports? The CBMS schedules are here, and the HU schedules are here.
Intro to Lego Robotics Sign-Up Oct-Nov- This is a beginner class for students in grades 5-8, and is open to the first 10 students. Classes will take place on Tuesdays, Oct 27, Nov 3, 10 and 17 from 2:30-4PM. Please note that students will need a ride home at 4:00. Mike Maloney will be leading this class, and the cost is $60/student. Please make checks payable to "Mike Maloney". Requests for financial assistance can be directed to Tom Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-6100. To register, click here.
After School Creative Writing with Ms. Cicchetti - In this after-school creative writing workshop we will focus on writing short stories! Students will have the opportunity to explore the elements of a short story while also finding a supportive place to explore their own work and that of others. We will focus on the elements of writing short stories that make for vivid, effective writing across genres. Participants will also share their writing and ideas and discuss them in a positive and constructive manner, and we will do all of this while making new connections within our school! Dates are: Thursdays, Oct 15, 22, 29, Nov 5, 12, and 19, 2015. Time is 2:30-3:00. Location: Room 210, Prodigy wing. Cost will be $30 for a 6 week session. Please make checks payable to "CBMS PTO". Please submit requests for financial assistance to Tom Drake at email@example.com or 244-6100. To register, click here.
ACT 46 Defined - ACT 46 was enacted to encourage support and local decisions and actions to ensure all communities are part of a sustainable structure of education governance on or before July 1, 2019. Districts are encouraged to organize in a manner consistent with a preferred educational governance structure as outlined in the ACT or an approved alternate structure. The goal of ACT 46 is to move Vermont towards sustainable education governance models and encourage local decisions and actions that:
1. Provide substantial equity in the quality and variety of education opportunities
2. Lead students to meet or exceed state Educational Quality Standards
3. Maximize operational efficiencies through greater flexibility to manage, share, and transfer resources, with a goal of increasing district-level student to staff ratios
4. Promote transparency and accountability
5. Are delivered at a cost valued by parents, voters, and taxpayers
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- October 12- No School for Students today- Columbus Day
- October 13- No School for Students today- Staff In-Service
- October 13- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library- relevant documents can be accessed here.
- October 16- Grades 7/8 Dance- 7-9PM @ CBMS. $5. No permission slip needed.
- October 22- Cabaret @ CBMS- 7-8:30PM
- October 30- Last Day for Quarter 1