Dinner is Served By your PTO on! Busy night juggling student/teacher conferences and figuring out dinner? The PTO has made your life easier! You can pick up a slice of Jimmz pizza/salad and drink and dessert during student conferences - for just $5 per person or $20 for a family of 4 or more in the Cougar Cafetorium. Additionally, everyone who ordered Laughing Moon Chocolate and Red Barn Coupon Books can pick them up on this night, and more will also be available for purchase directly.
Looking for Sports Schedules? Check out the Parents Tab (and then go to Athletics Department) on the CBMS Homepage. Got questions or comments? Our athletic director Stephen LaRock can help! email@example.com
Making a Difference, CBMS style!
- Tyson Sylvia and Harrison Wheeler have started a donation jar to help Mr. Matt recover from the fire that burned down his house. The jar is in the front office. Please consider donating whatever you can to help support a teacher in need. Thank you for your generosity!
- Oliver Menard from Team Dream is having a community service project idea and he needs some help doing it. Please donate canned or non-perishable food items to the box in the office. All of the donations will go to the Duxbury food shelf. This will really help those who are not as fortunate and don't have enough money to pay for heat and still be able to get food now that winter is on its way. Thanks to everyone who is willing to donate!
- HUHS Student Peace Alliance is holding a warm clothing drive for the Association of Africans Living in VT. Warm coats, hats, mittens, boots, and sweaters are welcomed, and can be put into the box in the CBMS lobby.
LACROSSE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Harwood Youth Lacrosse, in conjunction with Mad River Valley Youth Lacrosse, serves boys and girls in grades 3-8. HYL has teams at the 3rd-4th, 5th-6th and 7th-8th grade levels. Girls’ teams are mixed with MRVYL, and depending on numbers, 5/6 and 7/8 boys’ teams may be merged as well. The teams practice a few times a week beginning in late March/early April, and games with other NVTYLL (Northern VT Youth Lacrosse League) teams are played on weekends after April vacation, primarily in May and early June. HYL and MRVYL emphasize player development with the primary goal of teaching local players how to play and enjoy the sport of lacrosse.
Registration is on the MRVYL website at www.madriverlax.org . Financial Aid is available, and there is free loaner equipment at the 3/4 level. Early registration period runs from now until December 15th.
Please feel free to contact Lorne Thomsen (244-1203 or Lorne@CampDeerwood.com) or David Lyons (802-233-8031 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Interested coaches and volunteers are encouraged to touch base as well.
Come play the “fastest game on two feet!”
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- 2Nite- Talk by John O'Sullivan on "Changing the Game- Creating a Player-first Environment in Youth Sports"- more info on this flyer. 6:30PM in the CBMS Cougar Cafetorium.
- November 23/24- Student-Led Conferences
- November 24- Trimester 1 Recognition Assembly- 1:45-2:30
- November 24- Regular school day at TBPS and CBMS, but no school for students at HUHS.
- November 25 - November 27- Thanksgiving Break- No School on these days
- December 4- Fun Night for grades 5/6- 7-9PM
- December 8- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM- CBMS Library
- December 11- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- December 14- Trapp's Cross Country Ski Program begins- 2-5PM
- December 17/18- Annie, Jr. on Stage @ CBMS- 7PM
- December 24th- Break begins, and school resumes on Monday, January 4th.