January Cougar Cafe menu is now online- click here to access
E-Absence Notice- the e-bus note is such a success, we decided to create an e-note for absences...please use when your child is absent from school- click here
Got recipes? The CBMS Sustainability program is creating a community cookbook, and we are looking for submissions! Click here for details, and click here to submit a recipe.
#8 of the Top 10 Reasons for Moving to 1:1 Learning Technology- There are jobs today requiring technology skills that did not exist five years ago. Who would have guessed that nearly every Fortune 500 company and nonprofit organization would have departments for managing social networking on sites such as Facebook and Twitter? Today’s students who are being told to get offline and get to work will be tomorrow’s workers getting online to do their jobs.
Lego Mindstorms NXT Robot Beginners 2 Class – With Challenges - Instructor: Mike Maloney
This is level 2 beginners’ class. You will review skills learned in level 1 beginner class and then take it to the next level with both building and programming challenges. You will learn to use sensors and add loop and switch instructions, possibly adding a third motor. You will build robots to meet the constraints presented in a variety of challenges based on your skill level. There will be instructions followed by hands on training activities leading to challenges to put what is learned into practice.
Working in pairs, students will apply the engineering process to learn about planning, designing, building, programming, testing, problem solving and team work. This is a class where you will work hard and have fun learning.
Who should attend: Students who previously completed the first beginner’s class or are already familiar with the Lego Mindstorms program to control robots to drive forward, backwards and make controlled turns. Students must possess a desire to learn about building robots, programming and working together with other students to solve problems. This is not a class for a student that just wants to “fool around” or just “play with Legos”.
This class will fun for 5 consecutive Tuesdays, starting Jan 19th . The cost is $75.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Monday, January 4th- School resumes
- January 4- Trapp's x-country Ski Program begins- 2PM departure from CBMS
- January 6- Stowe Ski-Ride program begins - 12:45 departure from CBMS. Details are here.
- January 12- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library
- January 14- "Most Likely to Succeed" movie screening- 6:00PM in the HU auditorium (note time change)
- January 15- Last day of Quarter 2
- January 18- MLK Day - No School today
- January 19- CBMS PTO meeting- 6:30 in the CBMS Library
- January 19- 9th Grade Parent Night @ HUHS (for parents of current 8th graders)- 6:30PM in the HU Library
- January 26- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library