7th Grade Parents- take note! Over the last several years, Crossett Brook’s 7th graders have been the recipients of a project aimed at building self-esteem through a demonstration of love and appreciation from those around them. This project was implemented with an eye towards improving character, teaching respect for self and others, and building self-worth. It is my belief that the more confident and happy one feels about him/herself, the more successful he/she will be in creating positive relationships with family, friends, and community members. Lift-Up Letters, as they have come to be known, were an idea which we implemented in our former guidance classes with great success! Click here to get more details.
CBMS is hosting the 5th Annual Hoops Tournament for Grades We're excited to see our CBMS boys and girls show their skills on the court and their great sportsmanship! Purchase tickets at the door for $3 per adult and $1 for seniors and students. Children under 5 are admitted for free. Tickets are good for all games that day. We are also looking for volunteers for 1-2 hrs per assignment and still have a number of slots open. Please consider donating an hour or two of your time to help make this fundraiser a success. If your availability is limited, please know that we also need food and drink donations. You can volunteer for a time slot or to donate food & drink at this link. Thank you; without you, this event wouldn't be possible!
News from the Cougar Cafe: Last year food service director Erika Dolan was interviewed by the Northeast Regional Office of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service for one of their new publications. The Cafeteria Chronicles is now been printed and soon will be ready for distribution across the country. Our Food Service Program is in the spotlight because of your support and I just wanted to say Thank You! Click here to access, and the piece on our food service is on page 17.
Personalization is “a learning process in which schools help students...
- assess their own talents and aspirations,
- plan a pathway toward their own purposes,
- work cooperatively with others on challenging tasks,
- maintain a record of their explorations,
- demonstrate their learning against clear standards in a wide variety of media,
...all with the close support of adult mentors and guides”
Some of the events popular with Middle Schoolers include:
- Broom ball at on
- 5K Fun Run at on
- Capture the Flag at CBMS,
- Snow Football at Ice Center, on SuperBowl
More info at www.WaterburyWinterfest.com
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- January 26- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library. All relevant documents can be accessed by clicking here
- Note new date! January 27- CBMS PTO meeting- 6:30 in the CBMS Library
- January 28- Ecology Week Parent Info Session for 5th and 6th Grade Parents- 6:30PM- CBMS Library
- February 3-6- 5/6 Hoops Tourney @ CBMS
- February 4- Winooski Valley Jazz Festival @ HUHS
- February 9- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in the CBMS Library.
- February 9- Band concert for all WWSU 6th grade band students- HUHS auditorium- 7PM
- February 12- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM. $5 admission.
- February 16- Combined grades 5-8 Chorus and grades 7-8 Band concert - HUHS auditorium- 7PM
- February 19- Last Day of Trimester 2
- February 19- Winter Carnival @ CBMS
- February 22-March 1- Winter Break- school resumes on Wednesday, March 2nd