5th and 6th grade parents- Ecology Week is happening from April 12-15. We are looking for commitments from you as to your learner attending the Ferry Beach trip or the Audubon Center day trips. By the end of the day on Friday, March 4th, please click here to let us know your intent.
Parents of 6th and 7th graders: In 7th and 8th grade your child has the opportunity to attend either CBMS or Harwood Union Middle School. Details on the exchange can be found here. Please note the strict deadline of March 5th. To apply to the exchange, simply e-mail a note to Tom Drake (email@example.com) expressing your interest in having your child attend HUMS.
Spring Student-led Conferences are coming up! Student-Led conferences will be scheduled from 3-8PM on Wednesday, March 16th. Online sign-ups open up first thing on Friday, March 4th, and close at the end of the day on Friday, March 11th. Step-by-Step instructions will be in next Friday's Cougar Comments.
March Cougar Cafe menu is now online- click here
Registration Information: Heart and Sole @ Crossett Brook Middle School This spring, CBMS will offer “Heart and Sole”, a program geared specifically toward middle school girls. This is a fun, social and emotional development program through running. Lessons are facilitated by trained coaches to safely prepare girls to complete a celebratory 5k run. The program will begin the week of March 21st and end the week of June 6th. The annual 5k celebration run will be held in Essex at the Champlain Valley Fair on Saturday, June 4th. This year CBMS will have up to 30 spots for girls in grades 5 - 8 in two distinct groups. Registration options will be: Group A) M/W 2:30 – 4:00pm and Group B) T/TH 2:30 – 4:00pm. Girls must register for both days of the same group. Registration is online only. It opens here at 7pm on March 3rd, on a first come first served basis. We anticipate the program to fill quickly and are looking for girls committed to participating in the 10 week program. Total program cost will be $28.00 per girl. Scholarships are available as needed. Thanks to the CBMS PTO and Girls on the Run for their generous support to reduce the fee from $80.00. If you have questions regarding registration, contact Sarah Popowicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-6100.
Thursday, March 10th, at 6 pm, nationally recognized presenter and author Scott Noyes will be at Waitsfield School to speak about Power Struggles and children. Scott focuses upon positive discipline approaches with appreciation for the complexity of chilcren, as evidenced in his latest book, "This Child is Driving us Crazy, What Should we do?" Scott's presentation will explore what effective responses to power struggles look like and how to turn power struggles into learning experiences. Thank you to the Waitsfield PTA for bringing this opportunity to our community; the presentation is free to all. Additionally, childcare is available (including pasta dinner); please contact Kathi Orr at email@example.com or 496-3643 to reserve childcare.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- March 1- Town Meeting Day- no school for students
- March 2- School resumes- 7:45AM
- March 7- 8th graders meet with HUHS counselors (1:30-2:30)
- March 8- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM in TBPS Library.
- March 10- HUMS Spring Sports meeting- 6PM in HUHS auditorium
- March 10- Scott Noyes presentation at Waitsfield Elementary School- 6-7:30
- March 11- Grades 7/8 Dance at HUMS- 7-9PM
- March 15- Incoming 9th grade parent night @ HUHS- 6PM in HUHS auditorium
- March 15- CBMS PTO meeting- 6:30PM in CBMS Library
- March 16- Student-led conferences- 3-8PM
- March 18- No School today
- March 19- Odyssey of the Mind Tournament - CVU
- March 19- Junior Iron Chef competition- Champlain Expo Fairgrounds, Essex
- March 25- Fun Night for grades 5/6- 7-9PM
- March 28- No School for students today; Inservice Day for Staff