Sleep and Teens- some thoughts from CBMS School Counselor Jennie Hempey- click here
CBMS in the News- Vermont History Day - click here
Club Cougar will be closed next week (the week of April 11th) due to the grades 5/6 Ecology Week.
Ferry Beach Ecology School notes:
- Buses will be rolling out of CBMS at 6:30AM on Tuesday. Plan to arrive at school by 6:15AM.
- Arrival back to CBMS on Friday, April 15- estimated time of arrival is 4:30PM. Thanks in advance for being at school to pick up your child!
- Follow the FBES activities online! The Ecology School Blog can be accessed at http://ferrybeach2016.blogspot.com/ This blog will be updated at the end of each dayi.
- Want to purchase FBES Merchandise? Click here to access their online store.
- Packing list- click here
Audubon Center notes:
- Dress for the weather each day. Students will be outside at the Audubon Center most of the day. High bog-type boots are a must!
- Bus will depart CBMS at 8:15AM each morning, and be back to CBMS by 2:15 each day.
- Permission slips- please make sure to send these to the CBMS office by Monday latest.
- Tuesday the 12th - Spring Inquiry – Amphibian focus
- Wednesday the 13th - All About Birds
- Thursday the 14th - Orienteering
- Friday the 15th - Wilderness Skills
End of School dates:
- 8th Grade Graduation- June 9- 5PM
- 8th Grade Great Escape Trip- June 10
- Last Day of School for 5th, 6th, 7th graders- June 10th (noon dismissal on this day)
8th Grade Parents- this was e-mailed to all 8th Graders - Each year, the American Legion sponsors awards that are handed out at the 8th Grade Recognition Assembly. The application for these awards require written essays, with a deadline for submission of June 1st. Details can be found on this document. Looking for lots of submissions, and thanks in advance for making the last quarter of your Middle School Years the best quarter!
10th LEAP Energy Fair - this Saturday, 9AM-3PM, in the CBMS gym. Free admission. For more details, click here.
The Sustainability Program will hold it's annual E-Cycles drive at CBMS this Saturday from 10:00 -2:00 in conjunction with the LEAP Fair. We will collect old, outdated and broken electronics that you are looking to get rid of, and dispose of them sustainability. For more info, click here.
Save your redeemable bottles and cans for just a little longer, folks! The Waterbury-Duxbury Odyssey of the Mind teams will have a spring bottle driveSaturday, April 30, 8 a.m. to noon at the Thatcher Brook Primary School front parking lot loop. Drop off your returnables to support our extra-curricular creative problem-solving program. Six teams with students in grades 3-7 recently competed and finished at the top of their categories at the state OM tournament. The program is funded exclusively through donations and family contributions. If you have a large quantity of bottles and cans to contribute, please send me an email and we will try to coordinate a pickup. Lisa Scagliotti, OM program coordinator- lscagliotti
Velocity Program for MS Boys - If you have a son attending CBMS, pease read this doc regarding the Velocity after school program for boys, which starts at the end of April. Questions? E-mail Dan Gratton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Appreciation Week - Happy Spring Everyone - It is that time of year again when we give praises and thanks to everyone that makes your child's day a good one at CBMS. This is for those who keep the sidewalks clear to the one who feed your child to those who engage their mind. Help me put together a wonderful week full of thanks. Staff appreciation week is clicking here. This is the last hurrah heading into the last month and a half of school and it really warms the hearts of the staff to know how appreciated they are. If you can help us with a monetary donation please send checks or cash into the office and attention it to me, Leslie Proteau, and checks can be made out to CBMS PTO. If you are interested in making a dish, a dessert or just helping with any food, click here. Thank you all and let's all make this years Staff Appreciation week the best ever!! . I am looking for help in the following ways: monetary donations to help with the staff luncheon and breakfast, help with food and setting up and cards and banners would be great, too. You can sign up to donate something by Leslie Proteau - email@example.com
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- 2Nite! April 8- Grades 7/8 Dance at the Ice Center, sponsored by HUMS. $5.00 (plus skate rental) -
- April 9- LEAP Fair @ CBMS
- April 12-15- Grades 5/6 Ecology Week
- April 12- WDSD School Board meeting- TB Library- 6PM- relevant documents can be found here.
- April 15- Team Titan to Flynn Theatre- 11-2
- April 18-22- Spring Break- no school this week