The May Cougar Cafe Menu is online at this link.
Yoga for Girls: Feeling at home in your body can be a challenge as a young woman, especially when faced with the challenges of what the outside world tells we should be like. Join Gaby G Yoga in exploring self-perception through yoga & writing in a group setting that offers a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment. Whether you practice yoga regularly or you are a beginner, here’s what you can expect during this workshop:
- Learn sun salutations, gentle yoga, and relaxation techniques
- Explore what influences how we see ourselves (media, school, etc)
- Practice and explore in a group setting with other young women
- Cultivate a stronger, healthier connection with your physical body – Feel at home in your body
The sign-up is here.
Try Tennis: Interested in learning about tennis? Experience all the fun that tennis has to offer on Tuesday, May 10th from 3:00-4:00 PM in the CBMS Gym. This is a free event available to all CBMS students. This event includes tennis instruction and fun tennis games! Click here for more details.
HUHS Socrates Cafe discussion. in the Harwood Library. The 'timeless and timely question" that the students will be facilitating is "What does it mean to be an educated person?" All are welcome!
Ponderable: “Dear This American Life: I just escaped the white-washed brick walls iron-gated prison commonly known as Middle School, and I am finally out for good." Annie, from This American Lifepodcast on Middle School life. click here
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Week of May 9th- Teams Dream & Wizards take SBAC tests
- May 10th- WDSD School Board meeting- TB Library- 6PM- relevant documents can be accessed here.
- May 13th- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9PM
- Week of May 16th- Team Quest takes SBAC tests
- May 16-18- Grade 8 takes Science NECAPs
- May 17th- CBMS PTO meeting- 6:30PM- CBMS Library
- May 19th- Chorus Concert @ CBMS- 7PM
- May 24th- HUHS Socrates Cafe- 6:30PM
- May 26th- Band Concert @ CBMS- 7PM
- May 30th- Memorial Day- no school today