The CBMS office will be open this summer during normal business hours. There will be days that the office will be closed for staff vacations, so if you have timely business please call ahead to make sure we will be here.
|The CBMS Lost and Found will be going to a good cause after June 10th. Check it before school lets |
out for the summer!
Why should we merge WWSU School Boards? Click on this link to find out, and don't forget to vote on !
Ongoing research at CBMS from the Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education. "The Learning and Engaging Adolescents Project". Many of you have already filled out a consent form for this project. If you have not yet, you can access this form at this link. Forms can be sent into the CBMS office.
Help Harwood Win a $100,000 Grant One of the HUHS co-principals, Amy Rex, has been selected as Vermont’s representative for the Lawrence O’Toole Award through the Nellie Mae Education Foundation. Vermont will compete with representatives from the other New England states for the grand prize of a $100,000 grant for the school. Please see more info below, but PLEASE, pass this along to as many folks as possible. Voting is open now and closes at noon on June 3rdstudentsatthecenterhub.org/
Changes in the CBMS After-School Program. Club Cougar is transitioning to The Y Pod in 16/17! The YMCA will be running our after-school program in the coming school year, and details can be found at this link. Register soon, as space is limited!
From the Cougar Cafe:
- For 5th, 6th, and 7th graders- please make sure that all lunch payments are made by . All negative lunch balances must be paid up to at least $0. Please also include in your payment breakfast and lunch money for if your child is getting meals on that day.
- For 8th graders with a negative balance, negative balances cannot carry over to Harwood. Negative balances left unpaid might be sent to a collective agency.
- For 8th graders with a positive balance, there are a few choices:
- If your child has a sibling(s) at CBMS or TBPS the, balance will be transferred to the sibling.
- If there is no sibling at TB or CB, positive balances will be transferred to Harwood.
- If you wish to help some of the families of 8th graders that are struggling to pay their lunch bill you can ask our director Erika Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to transfer your balance into another student account. This will be kept strictly confidential.
Waterbury Rapids at Kids' Fest - Come see what swim team is all about at Kids’ Fest on June 4 at the Rusty Parker Park in Waterbury. Head coach Clare Miller will be there to answer your questions from 10-12. Can’t make it? Come to our first practice Monday, 6/20 at 5PM. Registration and parent meeting 6/20 500-530. Practices are held Mondays-Wednesdays and optional Fridays, 5-615 pm at the Waterbury Pool; meets Thursdays at 5. Registration is $50 per swimmer/or $85 per family. Scholarships are available upon written request. Swimmers must purchase a pool pass from the Waterbury Town Offices. For more information, check out our website at www.waterburyrapids.com
- 2Day- Step Up Day
- 2Day- Team Quest to Waterbury Reservoir
- June 6th- Team Wizards to Waterbury Reservoir
- June 6th- Team Titan to Burlington
- June 6th- Team Prodigy team dinner
- June 7- Team Dream to Northern Lights Rock & Ice
- June 7- Team Prodigy to Jay Peak
- June 7- Team Titan team dinner
- June 8- CBMS Jazz Band plays at the Burlington Jazz Fest- 3PM
- June 8- Last day for Club Cougar
- June 9- 8th Grade Recognition Assembly- 9:30AM- CBMS gym
- June 9- 8th Grade Graduation- 5PM- CBMS gym
- June 10- Great Escape Trip for graduates
- June 10- Last School Day for 5th, 6th, 7th graders- Field Day at the W'bury Pool- 12:20PM dismissal [Note- Dens will be walking together from CBMS, to the Waterbury Pool, and back. Please make sure your child has proper walking shoes.]
- June 12- River of Light Fun Run/Walk @ CBMS- 8AM
- June 13 and 14- Inservice days for Teachers
- June 14- 8-10AM and 4-6PM- “Sneak Peak” for next year’s 5th graders- an informal chance to come into school and get the lay of the CBMS-land!