E-Bus notes....the best way to get word to CBMS that your child is doing something different after school!
5th and 6th grade Spelling Team - 5th and 6th grade parents- if your child is interested in trying out for this, he/she should contact Coach Melissa Williams at email@example.com. Students who want to try out need to 1) sign up to be a part of Melissa's iblock (via that e-mail), 2) study for two weeks with the group of students during iBlock, and 3) try out for the team. After the team is selected, students will continue to study, either for the team bee, or for the Scripps individual bee in January.
Your CBMS PTO met this week and we have many exciting fundraising and enrichment activities planned for the year. However, with a board made up of working parents just like you, we are going to need to count on increased parent support to be successful.
Here are just a few of the things that happen for your student(s) because of PTO volunteers:
· 5/6 Grade Fun Nights
· Team field trips to Boston and Ferry Beach - everyone gets to go regardless of ability to pay as a result of our support!
· Grants available to teachers to enhance learning
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you filled out a two hour pledge sheet, we will contact you soon about upcoming activities in which we need your help. Haven’t filled out a pledge form yet? FILL ONE OUT HERE!
The first 5/6 Fun Night is on October 21st from firstname.lastname@example.org.. This night can only happen if we have ample volunteers to chaperone. If you are interested, please contact Laurie Berryman at
Do you like to make soup or chili or stew? We are hosting a “Souper Supper” during student-led conferences on November 10th to raise funds to support PTO efforts. Contact Tamatha Thomas-Haase at email@example.com if you would like to bring in a soup to share!
Our PTO website is under construction and will be available soon.
We look forward to working with you this year and our next meeting is on ! If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to School Blues BBQ & Silent Auction
Supported by Revitalizing Waterbury
- Green Mountain Club on Route 100
- Live tunes by the Brett Hughes Honky Tonk Trio
- Silent Auction with over 50 items
- Kid-friendly entertainment, including dance instruction by GMPA
- Yummy Food & Libations available for purchase
Tickets: Adult - $8, Child - $4
Advance Purchase Family Pass - $20 (available at Bridgeside Books & Stowe St. Emporium)
FIRST 50 Family Passes sold will receive a FREE Raffle Ticket for a Spring Break trip to St. Maarten
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Sept 8/9- Team Prodigy camping at Little River State Park (return to CBMS at 12:50PM, normal dismissal at 2:30)
- Sept 13- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM- CBMS Trish Feld Library. Relevant documents can be accessed here.
- Sept 21- Bike and Walk to School Day- 7AM at Rusty Parker Park.
- Oct 5- School Photo Day @ CBMS
- Oct 6- Back to School Night @ CBMS- 5:30-7:30PM
- Oct 7- WWSU In-Service Day- no school for students