Holiday FUN NIGHT is TONIGHT from 7-9PM! We hope to see all of the 5th and 6th graders at CBMS on Friday night for our holiday-themed FUN NIGHT!
- PERMISSION FORMS are required. CLICK HERE to complete the online form by noon on Friday.
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS to bring sweet treats, healthy snacks, and drinks. We also need parent chaperones to make sure the night is a safe one for all! CLICK HERE for the volunteer sign-up genius.
- If you have questions, please email Kathleen Luce at email@example.com. Thanks!
CBMS is looking to build an outdoor hockey rink on the front, dirt parking lot this winter. Got any expertise in this area, or thoughts on how to make a rink come to reality? Contact Tom Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org
December Cougar Cafe Menu is now online at http://wdnutrition.wwsu.org/
Proficiency-Based Learning - Vermont Agency of Education Website- click here
Advice for parents on the topic of Sexting (from Common Sense Media)
Boxtops - Collect them and send them in, please...we put the $ we get from them to great use!
Happenings at the Waterbury Public Library
Harpist Judi will entertain us with her little/big (Clarsach) harp, as she draws music from many lands to celebrate the onset of the holiday season. Suitable for ages 18 months through adult. No registration needed.
The Library will host a community-wide Winter Movie Night with a showing of the 2000 documentary, “The Endurance”, narrated by Liam Neeson (Rated G). It recounts this Sir Earnest Shackleton’s ill-fated expedition to the Antarctic, with footage of the actual locations, and interviews with surviving relatives of key expedition members, plus archived audio interviews with expedition members, and a generous helping of still photos shot on the expedition. Sponsored by the Vermont Humanities Council, this event will be an adventure in watching and learning about the dramatic story of Sir Ernest Shackleton, his crew, and his ship, The Endurance. You’ll have the opportunity to consider, among other things, the power of vision, courage, and perseverance, the nature of leadership, and the spirit of adventure and exploration. Theirs is one of the greatest adventure and survival stories of the twentieth century. Free and open to the public.
Ponderable: “If you are comfortable, you are not learning.” from “16 Life Lessons” from various authors in Psychology Today, October 2016.
Upcoming Dates of Note
Upcoming Dates of Note
- 2Nite - Dec 2- Fun Night for 5/6- 7-9pm
- Dec 3- River of Light Parade- 5pm (Junk Band members should gather at 4:30pm at Rusty Parker Park)
- Dec 7- HUUSD Board meeting- HU Library- 6pm
- Dec 9- 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9pm
- Dec 13- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM- CBMS Library
- Dec 14- HUUSD Board meeting- HU Library- 6pm
- Dec 22- All-School Music Assembly- Peace in the Valley- 1:45-2:30
- Dec 23- break until Jan 3