8th graders Ellett Merriman & Hayden Adams were honored this week as Vermont Scholar Leaders. This recognition is for 8th graders who personify such qualities as teamwork, positive interactions with others, respect, dependability, productivity, service to others, and respect for diversity. A dinner was held at Norwich University to honor the 80+ recipients of this award. Pictured in the photo with Ellett & Hayden are CBMS teachers Brian Dumais & Eric Eley.
Last call for Lift Up Letters for 7th-grade students. 7th-grade parents, if you haven't written yet, please take a look at the project explanation letter and send your letters in prior to the 15th. Thanks!https://docs.google.com/
Plans for Friday, June 16th- On the last day of school for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders, our plan is to walk or bike down to the Waterbury Pool area, to swim and to play and to celebrate the year. The Cougar Cafe will be open for lunch on this day. We are still working on details, but it will be an outdoor and active day, weather depending. Dismissal on this day is 12:15. More details coming next week.
Friendly reminder that bikers need to wear helmets while on the CBMS campus.
CBMS Yearbooks are going on sale on Tuesday. If you did not pre-order one, we have a limited number of yearbooks left to purchase- $30 each, and checks can be made payable to "CBMS".
OM Bottle Blast- Odyssey of the Mind bottle collection continues through June 16th- please add your empty returnables!
Free Lunches for Kids in Waterbury this Summer- click here for details
USA LUGE Slider Search: Try out for the USA Luge Team, Burlington, & 18, or each day. Choose the one clinic you would like to attend at the Champlain Valley Exposition, in Essex Junction. For boys and girls ages 9-13. No experience is necessary and it is FREE. To register or for more information: visit www.teamusa.org/usa-
Upcoming Dates of Note
- today- Team Dream to Boston
- today- Team Prodigy to Burlington
- June 10th- HUHS Graduation- 10am
- June 12th- Team Titan to Northern Lights
- June 12th- Team Prodigy (half) hike to Perry Hill- 8:30-11:40
- June 13th- Team Wizards to Reservoir
- June 13th- Team Prodigy (other half) hike to Perry Hill- 8:30-11:40
- June 13th- WDSD School Board meeting- 6PM- TBPS Library. Relevant documents can be accessed here.
- June 14th- Team Quest to Reservoir
- June 14th- Team Prodigy celebration dinner
- June 15th- The Happening
- June 15th- 8th grade Recognition Assembly- 1pm
- June 15th- 8th grade Graduation- 5pm
- June 16th- Graduates to Great Escape- 7am departure, 6:30pm return
- June 16th- Last day for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders- noon dismissal
- June 23rd- Progress Reports mailed home