The 17/18 school year is upon us, and we look forward to making this a huge year for learning at CBMS! This edition of the Cougar Comments contains a good deal of important info to get your child transitioned from summer mode to school mode, so thanks in advance for reading it all and taking action as needed. The new school year will bring new staff members into the CBMS community, as well as some changes to existing staff member positions, and we thank you in advance for offering a warm Cougar welcome to:
- Kelsey Burnell- Spanish
- Anne Cassels- Special Educator on Team Wizards
- Cody Croteau- Paraeducator on Team Wizards
- Nathan Culver- Custodian
- Marilyn Geiger- School Nurse
- Stephanie Hudak- now a full-time principal at CBMS!
- Sara Huff- Literacy Interventionist
- Todd Keller- Maintenance Director
- David Spaulding- Special Educator on Team Prodigy
New Student Orientation for all 5th graders and new to CBMS 6th, 7th,and 8th graders. Next Wed from 5:30-6:30. Come on in, get some important information, and get set up for the start of school!
The CBMS Website is the place to go for info on:
- Supply Lists for all core teams and PE
- 17/18 Calendar
- Free/Reduced Meals application and Cougar Cafe menus (Aug-Sept will be online soon!)
- Club Cougar registration form
- E-bus note form (no need to send hard copy notes!)
- E-Absence form
- And more...bookmark this site!
"Start of School Packets" will be coming home in the 'backpack express' on the first day of school.
The Y Pod, the CBMS after-school program coordinated by the Y, opens on the first day of school- Monday, August 28th. More info on this program can be found here. To register your child, see the link on the CBMS Homepage. Questions can be directed to director Marc Grimes at firstname.lastname@example.org
17/18 Music calendar is now finalized - click here
- Grades 1-6 Soccer- check out this link.
- CBMS Grades 7-8 Soccer- Athletes should have received an e-mail with details last week. If you did not, contact our athletic director Stephen LaRock at email@example.com
- Grades 7-8 Cross Country and Field Hockey (in conjuction with HUMS)- if you were unable to attend the parent/athlete meeting earlier this week, contact HU athletic director Chris Langevin at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Updated Bus Routes can be accessed via the link on the CBMS Homepage.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- August 23rd - New Student Orientation for all 5th graders and new-to-CBMS 6th, 7th, and 8th graders - 5:30PM-6:30PM, in the Cougar Cafetorium
- August 23rd- Team Prodigy potluck- 5PM @ CBMS
- August 28th- First Day of School for all CBMS students- 7:45AM, with dismissal beginning at 2:30PM
- August 30th- Team Quest to Reservoir- 9:45-2
- August 31st- Team Titan potluck- 5PM @ Hope Davey Park
- September 1st- Team Titan to Reservoir- 8-2:15
- September 4th- Labor Day- No School 2day