The CBMS Website is the place to go for info on:
- Supply Lists for all core teams and PE
- 17/18 Calendar
- Free/Reduced Meals application and Cougar Cafe menus (Aug-Sept will be online soon!)
- Club Cougar registration form
- E-bus note form (no need to send hard copy notes!)
- E-Absence form
- And more...bookmark this site!
"Start of School Packets" will be coming home in the 'backpack express' on the first day of school.
The Y Pod, the CBMS after-school program coordinated by the Y, opens on the first day of school- Monday, August 28th. More info on this program can be found here. To register your child, see the link on the CBMS Homepage. Questions can be directed to director Marc Grimes at email@example.com
17/18 Music calendar is now finalized - click here
- Grades 1-6 Soccer- see info below.
- CBMS Grades 7-8 Soccer- Practices begin next week! Athletes should have received an e-mail with details last week. If you did not, contact our athletic director Stephen LaRock at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grades 7-8 Cross Country and Field Hockey (in conjuction with HUMS)- parent/athlete meeting is scheduled for this coming Monday at 5:30pm in the HUHS auditorium. If you have questions, contact HU athletic director Chris Langevin at email@example.com for details.
CBMS is a no "Phones/Personal Devices Space" from 7:30am - 2:30pm. Starting from the first day of school, phones and personal devices that are brought to school will need to be kept in lockers from 7:30am-2:30pm. We instituted this rule in April of 2017, after a valiant but unsuccessful effort to try to incorporate phones and personal devices into the learning at CBMS. Recent research on addition to phones and personal devices has supported this decision, and we are thus heading into the 17/18 school year with this limitation in effect. Consequences for disrespecting this rule include:
- If school staff see a phone/device during school hours, we will ask your child for it. If he/she gives it over willingly, we will take it to the office and your child can pick it up at 2:30.
- If your child gives the staff member a hard time before handing the phone/device over, then the parent will need to pick up the phone/device in the office.
- If your child refuses to hand over the phone/device, your child will need to serve an in-school, half day suspension on that school day.
- Subsequent refusals to hand over the phone/device will result in increased days of in or out of school suspension.
Early registration for Waterbury Youth Soccer’s 2017 fall season is open through August 27th, so act now! Please visit www.waterburysoccer.com to register. Registration is $35 per child for the Kindergarten program, $45 per child for 1st-2nd grade program, and $50 per child for the 3rd-6th grade program. Early registration ends Sunday, August 27, 2017. Program fees increase by $10 after this date. During the registration process, be sure to indicate if you are interested in volunteering as a coach! Waterbury Youth Soccer is a recreational fall soccer league for players between Kindergarten and 6th grade living in Waterbury, Vermont, and surrounding communities. Please visit our website at www.waterburysoccer.com or Facebook page for important information, including announcements, game schedules and field locations. If you know a family that has not participated in our program, please pass this information to them so they can get started. If you do not want to receive future e-mails related to Waterbury Soccer let us know and we will remove you from this e-mail distribution. Waterbury Youth Soccer is affiliated with the Vermont Soccer Association.
The E-Community Bulletin Board has information on Auditions and Enrollment for “A Christmas Carol” at Barre Opera House. “A Christmas Carol" is happening in central Vermont at the Barre Opera House on December 21, 22. Actors, singers, dancers of all ages are invited to join the cast alongside a Broadway veteran who will play Scrooge. click here for more details.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- August 28th- First Day of School for all CBMS students- 7:45AM, with dismissal beginning at 2:30PM
- August 28th- MS Sports meeting for Cross Country and Field Hockey- HU Auditorium- 5:30pm
- August 30th- Team Quest to Reservoir- 9:45-2
- August 31st- Team Titan potluck- 5PM @ Hope Davey Park
- September 1st- Team Titan to Reservoir- 8-2:15
- September 4th- Labor Day- No School 2day