CBMS is looking for ice skate donations! Sizes 1-12, with the greatest need in sizes 4-8. Hockey skates preferred but we will take any that you are willing to donate. If you have any to give, please drop them off at the CBMS office, and thanks in advance as we look forward to a cold Winter with solid ice!
Stowe Ski & Ride info due out in next's Cougar Comments...stay tuned!
Interesting Brainado video clip (1 minute) - click here
For your calendars: Student-Led Conferences will be held after school and evenings on the following dates. Details on how to sign up will be coming in early October.
- Team Dream- Oct 26, Nov 2 (note change)
- Team Quest- Oct 25, Nov 2
- Team Wizards- Oct 26, Nov 2
- Team Titan- Nov 1, Nov 2
- Team Prodigy- Nov 1, Nov 2
Save the Date: October 12, 2017 at 6pm in the Harwood Union High School Library - Community Introduction to Communicating Student Learning and Growth in our Proficiency Model Featuring: JumpRope
- Overview of value of proficiency-based learning
- What is Proficiency-Based Learning (PBL)?
- Why have the schools of HUUSD and VT adopted this model?
- Shifts in Communicating Student Learning in a proficiency model
- Why have grading and reporting changed in response to PBL?
- What methods or strategies are teachers using to communicate to students about their learning?
- Explain advantages of JumpRope grading software
- What is JumpRope?
- What information does JumpRope provide?
- What other methods or strategies are teachers using to communicate to students about their learning?
We hope to see you there!
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Oct 4- School Photo Day
- Oct 6 and 9- No school for students (staff inservice on the 6th)
- Oct 11- Grades 5/6 Spelling Bee at Fayston Elementary- 8:30am start.
- Oct 11- Jared Campbell all-school assembly- 1:30-2:30
- Oct 12- Vision screening for 5th and 7th graders
- Oct 12- Community Introduction to Communicating Student Learning and Growth in our Proficiency Model Featuring: JumpRope- HUHS Library- 6pm
- Oct 13- Grades 7/8 Dance @ CBMS- 7-9pm
- Oct 19- Fall Concert- 6-8 band, Jazz Band, 5-8 Chorus- 7pm
- Oct 20- Fun Night for grades 5 and 6- 7-9pm
- Oct 25- Student-led Conferences- Team Quest
- Oct 26- Student-led Conferences- Teams Quest, Dream, & Wizards
- Oct 27- 8th graders vs Staff soccer game- 1:30-2:30
- Nov 1- Student-led Conferences- Teams Dream, Titan, & Prodigy
- Nov 2- Student-led Conferences- Teams Wizards, Titan, & Prodigy
- Nov 3- Grades 7/8 Dance/Fun Night @ HUMS- 7-9pm