5th/6th FUN NIGHT COMING RIGHT AFTER BREAK! The CBMS PTO will host its third and last Fun Night of the year on The March-Madness themed evening will include some awesome basketball-related games in the gym so be sure to wear your favorite jersey and join the fun. HERE IS THE LINK for permission forms (required!) and to sign up to volunteer (we need YOU! and no fingerprinting required).
Body Image Parent Ed - Tuesday, April 3rd, 6:30-7:30pm, CBMS Library. Learn ways to help your teen build a healthy body image. The physical changes that take place during middle school years can be daunting for even the most secure of teenagers. Both boys and girls alike can become hyper-aware of every blemish and body-weight distribution shifts. Although boys tend not to talk about it as often as girls, body image issues can plague them too. Helping your teens through these years can be a challenging time, but the good news is, we as parents and guardians have more influence than we think.
1. Be the change - How can you become a healthy role model for your teen?
Becky Widschwenter is a born-and-raised Vermonter who got her start in the wellness field in 1985 teaching aerobics and coaching women at a small fitness studio in Williston, VT. She has a Bachelor’s of Health Science from Johnson State College. After raising four children (all of whom attended CBMS), she launched her own holistic wellness business, Mindful Movement with Becky. She currently offers an array of programs that support people along their health journey. She continues to discover and develop strategies that help her children and clients find effective ways to nurture and prioritize their health and well-being.
2. Provide positive (non-body focused) compliments for your teen during puberty.
3. Teach your teen about media and how to scrutinize what they see.
4. Encourage and support your teen’s talents and interests over their looks.
5. Make improved wellness habits a family affair.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Feb 26-March 6- Winter Break (school resumes on Wednesday, March 7th)
- March 7- Trimester 3 begins. Applied Academics classes change for all students.
- March 7- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 9- Student vs 8th grade Basketball Game- 1:30-2:30pm
- March 9- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9pm
- March 11- Daylight Savings Time begins
- March 12- 6th grade band to Harwood- 8-11am
- March 12- Incoming 9th grade parent night at HUHS- 6-7:30pm
- March 13- WWSU Band Night rehearsal at Harwood- grades 7/8 band and Jazz band members- 8-11:30
- March 13- WWSU Band Concert at HUHS (grades 6-8 and Jazz band)- 7pm
- March 14- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 14- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- March 15- Titan IDU celebration- 5-7pm
- March 15- CBMS PTO meeting- Trish Feld Library- 6:30pm
- March 16- Odyssey of the Mind school assembly- time TBD
- March 17- Odyssey of the Mind Tournament- CVU High School
- March 17- Jr. Iron Chef competition- Essex Fairgrounds
- March 20- VMEA Elementary Choral Festival (select 5th grade singers)- Fair Haven- all day
- March 21- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 23- No School today for students
- March 28- Brainado Day #1- 12:30-2:30
- March 28- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 3-6- Grades 5/6 Ecology Week- one group to Ferry Beach Ecology School, one group to Audubon Center.
- April 3- Parent Education with Becky Widschwenter- Body Image- 6:30pm- CBMS Library
- April 4- Winooski Valley Music Festival @ CBMS (grades 7/8 band/chorus, by nomination)- all day
- April 7- Waterbury LEAP Energy Fair- CBMS gym- all day
- April 11- Jazz Band to Middlebury- all day
- April 11- Brainado Day #2- 12:30-2:30
- April 11- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 13- JumpRope Progress Reports e-mailed home today
- April 14-22- Spring Break