- For Ferry Beach goers, please return both the yellow Registration & Permission form and the green Student Health form to CBMS. Your child can give forms either to any core teacher or directly to Dona in the CBMS office. Please return by the end of the day on Friday, March 23rd.
- For Audubon Center goers, please return just the green Permission form to CBMS. Your child can give forms either to any core teacher or directly to Dona in the CBMS office. Please return by the end of the day on Friday, March 23rd.
Ferry Beach Medication Reminders - The Ferry Beach trip is fast approaching. Here are some reminders to ensure a smooth transition for any students who have medication to bring on the trip:
- Medications MUST be in the original prescription container with clear instructions. Your pharmacy will provide a duplicate container upon request. Please plan accordingly as medication sent in zip-lock bags or containers not labeled by your pharmacy cannot be accepted.
- Please drop off any medications needed no later than the end of the school day on Monday, April 2nd.
- Medications should be dropped off directly to the health office or main office - please do not send them in backpacks.
Here comes Brainado! The kick-off video that was shown to all CBMS students last week can be found here.
Student-Led Conferences will be held after school and evenings on the following dates. Please sign up for a conference by the end of the day on Monday, March 21st!
- Team Dream- March 22, 29
- Team Quest- March 20, 22
- Team Wizards- March 22, 27, 29
- Team Titan- March 20, 22
- Team Prodigy- March 27, 29
CBMS Staffing Update: Wally Goller, CBMS Planning Room Coordinator, is headed to Georgia to hike the Appalachian Trail from end to end. Wally's last day at CBMS is today. Heather Vilbrin will be filling the position beginning on Monday. Heather has worked in the arena of behavior for a good while now, most recently with Green Mountain Behavior Consultants. Heather's e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Welcome to Cougar Country, Heather!
8th Grade Parents- a couple of tentative dates to pencil in on your calendars. Note that these dates will not be finalized until "snow day season" is behind us!
- 8th grade graduation- Thursday, June 14th at 5:30pm
- Graduates trip to the Great Escape- Friday, June 15th. Departure at 7am. Arrival back at CBMS at 5pm.
Band Concert Date change, again: due to a number of conflicts, the Spring Band concert is now scheduled back to the original date- Thursday, May 24th at 7pm. The Chorus concert is still scheduled for Thursday, May 17th at 7pm.
7th and 8th grade parents: If your son/daughter is planning to participate in Middle School Track & Field through Harwood, practices begin on ! Please make sure to sign them up on FamilyID. If your son/daughter is not signed up, they will NOT be able to participate until they are. If they ARE already signed up, please make sure you have an up-to-date physical on file with the school or send one in ASAP!
8th Grade Parents- if you missed the HUHS 9th Grade Parent Presentation earlier this week, you can view the video of it by clicking here.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- Today- Odyssey of the Mind school assembly- 1:45-2:30 in the CBMS cafetorium
- March 17- Odyssey of the Mind Tournament- CVU High School
- March 17- Jr. Iron Chef competition- Essex Fairgrounds
- March 20- VMEA Elementary Choral Festival (select 5th grade singers)- Fair Haven- all day
- March 20- HUUSD Re-design Q & A- 6-9pm- HU Auditorium
- March 21- Stowe Ski-Ride program- last one for this year!
- March 23- No School today for students
- March 28- Brainado Day #1- 12:30-2:30
- March 28- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 3-6- Grades 5/6 Ecology Week- one group to Ferry Beach Ecology School, one group to Audubon Center.
- April 3- Parent Education with Becky Widschwenter- Body Image- 6:30pm- CBMS Library
- April 4- Winooski Valley Music Festival @ CBMS (grades 7/8 band/chorus, by nomination)- all day
- April 7- Waterbury LEAP Energy Fair- CBMS gym- 9am-3pm
- April 11- Jazz Band to Middlebury- all day
- April 11- Brainado Day #2- 12:30-2:30
- April 11- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 13- JumpRope Progress Reports e-mailed home today
- April 14-22- Spring Break