Student-Led Conferences will be held after school and evenings on the following dates.
- Team Dream- March 22, 29
- Team Quest- March 20, 22
- Team Wizards- March 22, 27, 29
- Team Titan- March 20, 22
- Team Prodigy- March 27, 29
Crossett Brook Middle School is seeking volunteers from the community to help with Brainado. Brainado is a program CBMS started in 2016. Students explore and discover a topic of their interest by participating in their own projects. This video shows some examples from past projects. This video shows some examples of students working with mentors.
Brainado will be happening at CBMS on: March 28, April 11, April 25, May 2, May 9. 7th and 8th graders will work on Brainado from 9:30 - 11:30AM. 5th and 6th graders will work on Brainado from 12:30 - 2:30PM. Students will present at a May 'Sharenado', and the community will be invited - stay tuned for details!
Want to help and be a resource for a CBMS student? There are many options! You could help them with their projects by coming in to consult, being available for questions through e-mail, or you can meet students at your place of work or through video calls. Interested? Please fill out this form and we will be in touch.
Thank you for your consideration! The CBMS Brainado Student Planning Team
E-Absence note- the best way to communicate with the CBMS office that your child will be out of school for any reason! click here
Incoming 9th Grade Parent Night- Monday, March 12th. Click here for details.
Band Concert Date change: the Spring Band concert is now scheduled for Thursday, May 31st at 7pm. The Chorus concert is still scheduled for Thursday, May 17th.
Ponderable - "In discussing dicey choices with adolescents, there are many ways to get it right. And one of those ways is to be sure that we are talking with, not at, them." From "How to Talk With Teenagers About Vaping", NY Times.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- March 7- School resumes
- March 7- Trimester 3 begins. Applied Academics classes change for all students.
- March 7- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 9- Student vs 8th grade Basketball Game- 1:30-2:30pm
- March 9- Grades 5/6 Fun Night- 7-9pm
- March 11- Daylight Savings Time begins
- March 12- 6th grade band to Harwood- 8-11am
- March 12- Incoming 9th grade parent night at HUHS- 6-7:30pm
- March 13- WWSU Band Night rehearsal at Harwood- grades 7/8 band and Jazz band members- 8-11:30
- March 13- WWSU Band Concert at HUHS (grades 6-8 and Jazz band)- 7pm
- March 14- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 14- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- March 15- Titan IDU celebration- 5-7pm
- March 15- CBMS PTO meeting- Trish Feld Library- 6:30pm
- March 16- Odyssey of the Mind school assembly- time TBD
- March 17- Odyssey of the Mind Tournament- CVU High School
- March 17- Jr. Iron Chef competition- Essex Fairgrounds
- March 20- VMEA Elementary Choral Festival (select 5th grade singers)- Fair Haven- all day
- March 21- Stowe Ski-Ride program
- March 23- No School today for students
- March 28- Brainado Day #1- 12:30-2:30
- March 28- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 3-6- Grades 5/6 Ecology Week- one group to Ferry Beach Ecology School, one group to Audubon Center.
- April 3- Parent Education with Becky Widschwenter- Body Image- 6:30pm- CBMS Library
- April 4- Winooski Valley Music Festival @ CBMS (grades 7/8 band/chorus, by nomination)- all day
- April 7- Waterbury LEAP Energy Fair- CBMS gym- all day
- April 11- Jazz Band to Middlebury- all day
- April 11- Brainado Day #2- 12:30-2:30
- April 11- HUUSD School Board meeting- 6PM- HUHS library
- April 13- JumpRope Progress Reports e-mailed home today
- April 14-22- Spring Break