CBMS Volleyball Club will meet 3 more nights this year. It's not too late to give it a try! Tuesdays, 5/29, 6/5, 6/12 from
Harwood Community Pathway Showcase and Celebration - Have you been hearing about "Flexible Pathways", "Work Based Learning" or "Community Pathways"? Do you wonder what this is? If you would like to learn more; come join us for a Community Pathways Showcase and Celebration.
Who should attend?
● Middle and high school students and parents who are curious about how internships,
independent studies and employment can fit into their high school plan
● Business and community representatives who want to learn more about partnering with students
● Educators and policymakers interested in exploring models of Flexible Pathway partnerships
Hear about the experiences Harwood Students and their community partners. We will explore the connection students are making with the Harwood Graduate Expectations; connecting "real world" learning with content proficiencies.
When? Tuesday, June 5th from 5:00-6:45 PM
Where? The Harwood Union Library
Refreshments will be served
Contact Ellen Berrings (email@example.com) with questions. RSVPs appreciated but not required
HUMS XC Adventure Running Camp will be held at Harwood over two weeks. First week: July 2nd through July 6th, 2018 / Second week: July 10th though July 14th, 2018. Camp hours: 9am – 11am. Fee: $200. Paid registration must be received by June 1st to secure your spot. If you are planning to attend, please email me (VCAcupuncture@gmail.com) and I will send you a camp registration form - Please mail your registration in, with a check securing your spot.
Fee: $200 Check, payable to: Lou Bevacqui. 92 South Main Street, Suite 3. Waterbury Vermont 05676
Frequently Asked Questions:Q: If I’m not a MS runner will this still be fun for me?
A: I am calling for any and all athletes, as well as kids who are just looking to have fun and push themselves a bit… sorry there is that! The main goals of HUMS XC stand: have fun, develop a love for running, and achieve your individual goals!
Q: Is it okay that I miss some days during the two weeks?
A: It’s summer camp. Summers are supposed to be fun (vacations, swimming, the occasional trip to the island of well… wherever). I would love to have you for all the days, and the more days you attend, the better pre-season shape you can get into for whatever sport you play, but it is not a requirement to attend every day of camp in order to participate.
Q: Can I sign up for only one week?
A: This is a two-week camp, and I can only take 20-25 kids because of coaching and staff. Your athlete can come for as many days as they like, but you will be charged $200 for attending. I am taking participants on a first come first served basis. All participants must register for two weeks, with the full fee of $200 paid with your registration to hold your spot.
Important: Don’t let finances be the thing! The camp is priced to be affordable, but if you have a problem with the fee, please don’t let that be a reason not to sign-up. Reach out to me and we will figure it out. You can email me at VCAcupuncture@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Upcoming Dates of Note:
- May 28- Memorial Day- No School Today
- May 29- PBL/Community Engagement event @ HUHS- 4:30pm
- June 1- Step Up Day
- June 2- Girls on the Run/Heart & Sole 5k run- Essex Fairgrounds- 10AM start
- June 4- CBMS Jazz Band to Discover Jazz Festival
- June 4- "Step Up Night" for parents of next year's 9th graders- HUHS- 6-7:30
- June 5- Harwood Community Pathway Showcase and Celebration - 5-6:45 @ HUHS
- June 6- Walk and Roll to School Day- 7AM at Rusty Parker Park
- June 6- Team Titan to Northwoods Stewardship Center
- June 8- Team Dream to UVM Ropes Course
- June 8- Team Prodigy to Jay Water Park
- June 11- Team Wizards to Reservoir
- June 12- Team Titan Celebration Night
- June 13- Team Quest to Reservoir
- June 13- Team Prodigy Team Dinner
- June 13- HUUSD Board meeting- 6pm in the HUHS Library
- June 14- 8th grade Recognition Assembly- 1pm- CBMS gym
- June 14- 8th grade Graduation- 5pm- CBMS gym
- June 15- Great Escape trip for graduates
- June 15- Last day of school for all students. Grades 5, 6, and 7 to Waterbury Village Pool. Noon dismissal.
- June 18-21- Inservice days for teachers.